Re: Sims 3 University life BUG! SOS!!

by Eliza1229

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 University life BUG! SOS!!

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey there! I know majority of the people here play with Sims 4,but since i love my Sims 3,i still play it,and i really hope someone has the solution for me. :') I have a huge problem,i just purchased University Life redeem code online. The installation of the game worked fine and quick,but as i entered the game,there were major bugs. I couldn't send my sim to Uni cause there were no Uni,no jokes!! There were big white cubes instead of like the smartphone or the thing the mascot brings. There were no trucks to get me to Uni,and there was a whole different town instead of Uni. I am really disappointed,cause this was the game i wanted for so long, i just never got the chance to purchase it. PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

Message 1 of 9 (667 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Eliza1229  You can try an Origin repair to see whether it helps.  Right-click on the Sims 3 icon in your Origin library and select Repair.

If that doesn't make a difference, uninstall UL only (not the entire game) and reinstall it.  You can try the normal uninstall first, but a manual uninstall will be more thorough.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (573 Views)

All Replies

@Eliza1229  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Please remove your entire TS3 game folder from Documents\Electronic Arts; you can leave it on your desktop for now.  Launch the game, which will create a new folder.  Start a new save, pick a random family to play, check whether the new content shows up properly (smart phone, welcome basket from the mascot, etc.), and then send a sim to University and have a look around.  Let me know whether things appear normal now or not.

Message 2 of 9 (626 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you for your answer but it still doesn't work..

I am starting to think that i got a redeem code that doesn't work or something.

I wrote an email to the company i purchased the code from..i am not letting this go that easily.

Its like only the half of the game there. 

I linked a picture.

Message 3 of 9 (610 Views)

@Eliza1229  What kind of install is this: Origin, Steam, disc, some other kind of digital download?  It's certainly possible that the pack didn't install correctly, but how to fix it depends on the platform.

Message 4 of 9 (587 Views)

★★ Novice

Again,thanks for you time.

So,its Origin. 

I was surprised about the installation cause it was quicker than my other games. I only have original discs,so that cant be a problem. I deleted all my mods and CCs,all my cache files,i did what you wrote but still nothing. I have never had this problem,and i am a long time player. What do you think? What can I do? Oh,and also English isnt my native language,so my games are in a different languange,but the code i got is english so the game is english,and i couldnt change it. Even  the loading screen appears as "University Life"...soo i dont know,maybe thats a problem. I am really clueless about this case.

Message 5 of 9 (580 Views)

@Eliza1229  You can try an Origin repair to see whether it helps.  Right-click on the Sims 3 icon in your Origin library and select Repair.

If that doesn't make a difference, uninstall UL only (not the entire game) and reinstall it.  You can try the normal uninstall first, but a manual uninstall will be more thorough.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

Message 6 of 9 (574 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok,so..since i have Origin, i can't uninstall only UL (sucks),i have to uninstall my whole game. Origin got an update like 2 years ago, that won't allow users to uninstall only expansion packs.

And since i purchased a redeem code, i can only use it once in my account. I am worried, if i uninstall my whole game,inculding UL, i will not be able to use my code again..i dont know man,i am starting to give up honestly.

Message 7 of 9 (550 Views)

@Eliza1229  I've heard of people uninstalling a single pack more recently than two years ago.  The uninstall guide I linked describes how to manually delete the relevant files and registry entry for a given pack, and then you should be able to redownload it.

As for the codes, you can only register them once, but then they stay on your Origin account forever.  So you can download the game as many times as you want, onto as many different computers as you want.  (I've downloaded on several systems, for myself and for testing, probably a few dozen times.)  As long as the content still appears in your Origin library, you should be fine.

Message 8 of 9 (534 Views)

★★ Novice

Omg!!!!!! Guess what?!!?! I just repaired my game,and it works! I am sooo happy! Thank you for helping me,i really appreciate it! Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (521 Views)