Re: Sims 3 University Life- Sim Won't Go To Class

by GBAD0486

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 University Life- Sim Won't Go To Class

★★ Novice

For the past few months I started playing the Sims 3 again and recently one of my sims went to university. The first semester/term went completely fine, he went for two weeks, passed his exams with flying colors, has an A, all was good. With 12 credits left in the Science and Medicine degree, I figured that it would be smooth sailing, but after returning to University he won't go to class. His class is at 12:00 so he should be prompted to go at 10:30, but it doesn't happen. I tried to have him go in front of the building where the class is held and then press "Attend Class" at 12:00 but the game gives me the notification that he doesn't have class even though he does, and clicking the building doesn't give me the option to attend class either. I have no mods, I tried to clear caches, I repaired the game through Origin, I did a simple restart, nothing is working. I haven't tried to push past Monday, so I'm not sure if open lectures/activities are an issue or not. Everything else with the pack is working fine, The class schedule and progress bar are still present and working fine, social groups, activities and parties are all ok, its just class attendance that's an issue. The only two options I can think of is either dropping out and reenrolling or just have him study a ridiculous amount and hope that he doesn't fail, but I'd rather not resort to that unless I absolutely have to. Hope somebody can help. 

Message 1 of 3 (2,532 Views)

Accepted Solution

@GBAD0486  Have you tried replacing the building(s) where your sim is supposed to go to class?  You should be able to find them in Edit Town.  Load the save, let the in-game clock run for a few minutes, then use "save as" to rename the save, so you can experiment on the new copy while leaving the original intact.  Delete the building where your sim is supposed to have the next class, and place a new copy.  Then save, quit, delete the cache files again, reload, and see whether your sim goes to class.

If this doesn't work, there are mod-related solutions you can try, if you're interested.  Otherwise, I'm not sure exactly how to fix it directly.  But you could also have your sim study for a day or two while missing classes and see whether he's gaining enough progress to suggest he'll be able to pass.  If not, dropping out and reenrolling might be the better approach.

By the way, do you have a save from before your sim started this term?  When something like this happens, I tend to think there's a problem with the world overall, even if it's small, and I don't want to work around it so much as fix it or revert to a previous save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,476 Views)

All Replies

@GBAD0486  Have you tried replacing the building(s) where your sim is supposed to go to class?  You should be able to find them in Edit Town.  Load the save, let the in-game clock run for a few minutes, then use "save as" to rename the save, so you can experiment on the new copy while leaving the original intact.  Delete the building where your sim is supposed to have the next class, and place a new copy.  Then save, quit, delete the cache files again, reload, and see whether your sim goes to class.

If this doesn't work, there are mod-related solutions you can try, if you're interested.  Otherwise, I'm not sure exactly how to fix it directly.  But you could also have your sim study for a day or two while missing classes and see whether he's gaining enough progress to suggest he'll be able to pass.  If not, dropping out and reenrolling might be the better approach.

By the way, do you have a save from before your sim started this term?  When something like this happens, I tend to think there's a problem with the world overall, even if it's small, and I don't want to work around it so much as fix it or revert to a previous save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (2,477 Views)

★★ Novice

Unfortunately, replacing the building and then deleting cache did not work, I had to drop out and reenroll for it to work. Thanks for the suggestions!

Message 3 of 3 (2,444 Views)