Sims 3: Unable to login at the Main Menu

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: I can´t log in; the game doesn´t recognize my account. HELP!

@10257522  I've moved your post to the current thread addressing this issue.  Please try the troubleshooting steps listed in the initial post, and let us know whether any of them work.  EA_Mai has also requested information in this post; if you could PM her the details, that would be very helpful.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Unable-to-login-at-the-Main-Menu/m-p/7134310#M232799

Just so you know, it's not necessary to login either at the launcher or Main Menu.  You can play normally while completely offline—you might miss out on badges and Simport-related activities, but the game will otherwise run exactly the same.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 44 (600 Views)

Re: Sims 3: Unable to login at the Main Menu

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Mai, I tried to private message you but I get an "Access Denied" message

Message 22 of 44 (590 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't bought anything lately for the sims 3. It just suddenly wouldn't accept my login on the launcher. I tried changing my password because I have had people trying to get into my account. After changing my password I tried again and it still wouldn't work.

Message 23 of 44 (579 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @aelita05,

If none of the troubleshooting steps @puzzlezaddict suggested in the first post of this thread work, please, take a look to my post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Unable-to-login-at-the-Main-Menu/m-p/7134310#M232799

@74656c sorry to read you had issues to send me a direct message - glad to see you managed to fix it! Standard smile

Thanks,
-Mai
Message 24 of 44 (549 Views)

★★★ Novice

UPDATE:

I have to try to login up to 15 times before I'm able to play Sims3.  Now my game just quit/crashed.  Everything I have done today is lost.  I am beyond upset right now.

Message 25 of 44 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

1)  What type of install do you have?  (Origin/patch 1.69, Steam, disc, Origin/mac)

I had discs originally but  a lot of my expansions are through origin.

2)  Have you tried clearing the cache for Internet Explorer?  (see below)

i don't use Internet explorer but I did clear my chrome cache, after which it let me log in briefly before again asking for the correct password.  

3)  Have you deleted the file labeled [your email].bin in Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads?

I've deleted that several times and it always comes back.  

I guess I will try the internet explorer cache but also when I tried to install custom content that had been downloaded, it told me my games was not up to date.  I'm not sure how or where to update it.  I'm so sad cause i just got a new graphics card a couple weekends ago and I finally got my saved town on another computer transferred to my new computer.

Message 26 of 44 (516 Views)

@LadyDell54  If you haven't already, it would be very helpful if you could PM EA_Mai the information she's requesting in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Unable-to-login-at-the-Main-Menu/m-p/7134310#M232799

Also, you shouldn't need to login at the Main Menu to play.  For now, you can bypass that step.  And I'm sorry to hear that your game crashed—that's always frustrating, especially when you can barely make things work in the first place.

@Amanda2193  Normally, an Origin/1.69 install would be completely up to date.  But I can imagine that if you installed the base game from disc and didn't patch to 1.67 before adding packs through Origin, that might not be the case.  You could always try repairing the game, to see if it helps.  Right-click on the TS3 logo in your Origin library to see the option.

If this doesn't help, please start a new topic describing the errors you're seeing (what does the message say, when exactly does it happen, etc.), since this thread is for collecting information about the login issues.  But if you have the chance, please send EA_Mai the information she requested in the above link.

Message 27 of 44 (501 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddictI tried the repair that you suggested.  Unfortunately, I am still having the problem.  I'm going to send the message to EA Mai.  I guess I had overlooked her response to the post so thank you for pointing that out to me Standard smile

Message 28 of 44 (492 Views)

★★★ Novice

1)  I have a mix of games from disk and through Origin.

2)  I have reset Internet Explorer, as per the directions in another thread.  After doing so, I was able to log on for that evening.  The next day, I could not log on again.  I repeated the process and the second time it did not help.

3)  I've done that twice, with no effect.

Password works on website, Origin and in launcher.  Password doesn't work at main menu, although sometimes if I just try repeatedly, it will suddenly go.  I don't know why this is happening.

Message 29 of 44 (479 Views)

@Netjera  Thanks for posting the information.  If you could send EA_Mai a few more details via PM, it would be very helpful.  She's asked for the info here:

Message 30 of 44 (466 Views)