Re: Sims 3: Unable to login at the Main Menu

by Anita0262

Original Post

★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  I have already sent a PM to EA_Mai as soon as I read her post on Sunday October 28, 2018.  I was trying to let everyone know how my progress was going.  As for the crash, either Window's or Origin's last update reset my setting preference, so that was an easy fix.

Message 31 of 44 (686 Views)

★ Novice

[edit: email address removed].

I have the same login problem.

Sims 3 keeps telling me Email or password incorrect.

I have installed the whole game again.

This didnot help.

Still the same problem.

Anita

Message 32 of 44 (666 Views)

@Anita0262  I'm sorry you went through all that trouble.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the game itself is almost never necessary, and certainly not necessary in this case.  This is a connection problem, not an issue with program files.

Please try the steps described in the initial post of this thread and let us know whether they helped.  If not, it would be helpful if you could send EA_Mai the information she's requested by PM.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 44 (663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello @puzzlezaddict,

I have removed the game, after i contacted EA. They told me to. Later i received a mail from Ea that it was not nesiscary.

I have send EA_Mai my information. 

I have follwed these steps and it works. Standard smile

1)  What type of install do you have?  (Origin/patch 1.69, Steam, disc, Origin/mac)

I am using Download through Origin.

Origin version 10.5.29.14153-0

2)  Have you tried clearing the cache for Internet Explorer?  (see below)

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Yes

3)  Have you deleted the file labeled [your email].bin in Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads?

Yes

Message 34 of 44 (659 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Mai wrote:

- This is still under investigation, we are not considering this fixed. I'm marking this post as the solution for visibility -

Thanks everyone for reporting the issue and sharing all the details you could! Also, thanks @puzzlezaddict for joining all in the same thread!

If you are still unable to log in at the Main Menu but you can log into the launcher and thesims3.com without issues, could you please send me the following information by direct message, so we can investigate what's going on?

• Your username in The Sims 3
  • IP Address (you can check it here by using the same computer where you are having the issue)
  • Date and approximate time range of login failure
  • Time Zone
  • Is the game telling you your password is not correct? Is it infinitely loading?

Please, make sure to send this information by direct message - don't post your private information on the thread!

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 35 of 44 (647 Views)

★ Novice

EA Mai

Hello , I am having a blue screen unable to log in for days on and off.  I did all sorts of recommended things including clearing browser resetting it.

I love this game more than The Sims 4 and frustrated I cant log in or even direct message you.

I use origin have latest updates,  Checked for corrupt files none.  I know I can play without logging in but I send friends packages and I like to still get achievements.

I also am very conserned you will close the web site and it takes me a long time to read and understand directions. Trying to learn how to back up everything  because i own everything and have had to reinstall more times than I care to admit.

I suspected the sign in issues as a start of shutting down by you all possible.

Please help.

Message 36 of 44 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

This should be fixed now, and you should be able to log in again Standard smile  Thanks one more time for taking the time to report this issue and sending the information I asked for.

If you are still getting the same error message, please, follow these steps one more time:

Spoiler
  1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
  3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
  4. Restart IE 

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes!

@kathrine99 is your log in issue happening only on the Main menu of the game as well? If so, please, try again now Wink

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 37 of 44 (3,167 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey guys,

just entered the game without doing anything unusual and was able to login, after a week not being able to do so.

Maybe someone somewhere plugged in an unplugged cable? 

Message 38 of 44 (606 Views)

★ Novice
It took 2 days to log in game menu and a bit here
Message 39 of 44 (559 Views)

★ Novice
That procedure did not fix mine. I did so much to mine I was fed up. So just waited. Just plain old days and it is like sims or EA does something.
Message 40 of 44 (557 Views)