Re: Sims 3: Unable to login at the Main Menu

by nycbigl

Original Post

Champion

1.  I am using Origin/Patch1.69

2.  Yes, I have cleared the cache in IE (made sure I unchecked Preserve Favorites website data) and reset IE setting in the advanced tab.  I have also cleared Origin cache.

3.I don't have a file with my email in Downloads sims3 .

Launcher not accepting my password.

--------------------------------------

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 44 (1,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I am logged on my launcher and on Origins I cleared the history, cookies and caches in explorer, I deleted my email.bin in downloads but when I get to my Main Menu page it tells me that my email or password is invalid and when I type it in the buffering never stops and never logs in. The circle just keeps going and going. I can't even quit the game the normal way. I have to do the ctrl alt and delete and end the game with the task manager. Otherwise I can't get out of the endless buffering even if I click the windows key. The screen won't come down whatsoever. I'm just stuck in a never ending cycle. LOL! The only way for me to get past the Main Menu page is to make sure my internet is disconnected on my PC.

I am glad to see it's not just me and that a lot of people are having trouble. I was afraid I have done something wrong. I had just made a world in CAW and have been playing it. But the game was working fine for several days when I exported the world and added it. This problem only just started this week.

Message 12 of 44 (1,167 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, also having this problem as of yesterday. I can log into the launcher ok, but once the game screen itself comes up I can't log in. I am however logged into origin, sims3 store and sims 3 forums and when clicking the "I forgot my password" link on the game screen I show as being logged in on the popup window. Have cleared IE cache, reset IE and deleted all applicable files. It does indeed seem to be something on EA's end as far as I can tell. Thankfully playing offline is still possible, it's just a bit irritating that if I manage to get any badges while offline they wouldn't count.

Message 13 of 44 (1,135 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I am also having this problem. Worked this morning but now.. nothing. Am logged into launcher but game/main menu won’t work
Message 14 of 44 (1,115 Views)

Thank you @suzses  @Bluegayle  @nycbigl  and @Saffiredragon for sharing all this info.  Hopefully EA will fix this issue soon.  In the meantime, if anything changes on your end, please add to the thread.  And if you haven't already, clicking Me Too on the initial post would help—that's the kind of thing that gets the company's attention.

@simsmodsg  If you could try the fixes described in the first post and let us know whether they help at all, that would be great.  It would also be good to know what kind of install you have.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 44 (1,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Thanks everyone for reporting the issue and sharing all the details you could! Also, thanks @puzzlezaddict for joining all in the same thread!

If you are still unable to log in at the Main Menu but you can log into the launcher and thesims3.com without issues, could you please send me the following information by direct message, so we can investigate what's going on?

• Your username in The Sims 3
  • IP Address (you can check it here by using the same computer where you are having the issue)
  • Date and approximate time range of login failure
  • Time Zone
  • Is the game telling you your password is not correct? Is it infinitely loading?

Please, make sure to send this information by direct message - don't post your private information on the thread!

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 16 of 44 (1,097 Views)

Login Help

★★★★★ Newbie

I can't login to the Sims 3 after I changed my password, what can I do?

Message 17 of 44 (1,047 Views)

Re: Login Help

@janineg43  I've moved your post to the thread about login issues in TS3.  Please try the troubleshooting steps described in the initial post.  If they don't work, please send a private message to EA_Mai with the details she's requested in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-Unable-to-login-at-the-Main-Menu/m-p/7134310#M232799

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 44 (1,029 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So, I've been having this issue since Friday as well.  It was occuring as late as yesterday evening.  Today I clicked "Me Too" and went into the launcher to get the version, and the Welcome Screen is no longer blank.  So I entered the game and could log in from the game as well.  It seems this issue is resolved?  I will share my info anyway.

I would like to note, I did a password reset initially, thinking I had gone and forgotten and/or changed it at some point without remembering it.  I could always log into this EA site and thesims.com site.  Changing the password changed nothing.

1) Origin/patch 1.69

2) Yes, all suggestions were followed, even though I never use IE.

3) Yes, the email.bin file was deleted, and actually never returned after playing the game all weekend.

Just thought I would share my info and discoveries from today.

EDIT: So, this problem has returned again this afternoon just as before.

Message 19 of 44 (1,008 Views)

I can´t log in; the game doesn´t recognize my account. HELP!

★★ Newbie

I have an account so I can access to the ea´s game page, and to my SIMS 3 page online.  But, when I try to play, I can´t register, the game doesn´t recognize my email or my password.  What can I do?

Message 20 of 44 (986 Views)