Re: Sims 3: Unable to login at launcher or main menu

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3: Unable to login at launcher or main menu

★★★ Novice

So i suddenly ran into this annoying problem after taking a break from the sims 3 earlier today.

I suddenly cant log into the launcher or through menu in game

the sims website has been just fine and i even made purchases on there (altho some did give me a error)

I deleted internet explorer cache, the email file in the download folder, verifies steam files, reinstalled into the future to force update the game, deledted the cashe files from sims 3 folder to regenerate them. even changed my password since main menu kept claiming it was incorrect.

nothing worked, and im at my wits end. does anyone know why the launcher/game is being this way i cant imagine its maintenance since i was able to login fine and buy stuff from the store while i was trying to troubleshoot this thing. and sadly downloading content through the store to my launcher wont let me log in this way either.

Message 1 of 3 (377 Views)

Accepted Solution

@koatty  You've covered all the usual steps (did you tell Explorer not to preserve data for favorite sites?  Just checking).  And hopefully you cleared your browser caches after changing your password; that's sometimes a necessary extra step.  The only other thing I can think of is to pull your entire game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game to spawn a clean folder, and then try logging in without adding anything to that folder.

If these steps don't help, it may be an issue on EA's end—this does happen from time to time.  If more people start reporting this issue, that makes a server-side problem more likely.  Either way, though, let me know if you still can't login tomorrow, and I'll forward this thread to someone from EA.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (367 Views)

All Replies

@koatty  You've covered all the usual steps (did you tell Explorer not to preserve data for favorite sites?  Just checking).  And hopefully you cleared your browser caches after changing your password; that's sometimes a necessary extra step.  The only other thing I can think of is to pull your entire game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game to spawn a clean folder, and then try logging in without adding anything to that folder.

If these steps don't help, it may be an issue on EA's end—this does happen from time to time.  If more people start reporting this issue, that makes a server-side problem more likely.  Either way, though, let me know if you still can't login tomorrow, and I'll forward this thread to someone from EA.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (368 Views)

★★★ Novice
ah i didnt think id have to clean IE caches as well (also did it for chrome just in case) this seems to be what fixed the problem, so i will accept this a solution thank you.
Message 3 of 3 (359 Views)