Sims 3 Supernatural. Must be online the FIRST time logged in?

by cfyhrtz

Original Post

Sims 3 Supernatural. Must be online the FIRST time logged in?

★★ Novice
I recently bought both the Supernatural & Dragon Valley expansion packs. After trying to install both on my computer I got this message. Realized Supernatural says it requires internet connection (which I don't have) so I uninstalled it. Still could not get into my Sims, I already have the Pets expansion pack & never had this problem. Took my tower over to a friends house to connect the internet & install and register the new expansion packs even had to call EA to get that done. Got my tower back home last night tried to open Sims & am still getting this message. I WAS online the first time I logged in? Will I ever be able to play Sims without internet again?! I am extremely frustrated. It's been over a week since I bought thsse expansion packs. Can I just not play supernatural? It didn't work last time I uninstalled but it's the only one that says it requires internet. I have already lost all progress on my Sims 3 games due to this. WTF EA?!
Message 1 of 6 (302 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Supernatural. Must be online the FIRST time logged in?

Hero

It should work without Internet once you've activated the game.

When did you buy the base game ? Before or after September 2012 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (295 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought the game this March. So yes, after 2012. I never had this problem when it was just Sims & the Pets expansion pack. And we registered & installed everything when it was hooked up at my friends house, she even made a sample game on there real quick to be sure everything played right.

Message 3 of 6 (293 Views)

Hero

When looking into someone elses case I found a solution that this message can appear if your system clock is off.

Could you check on that (and I don't mean by a few minutes)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (289 Views)

★★ Novice
System clock is correct.
Message 5 of 6 (287 Views)

Hero

Don't know what else it could be.

Here's a few threads for you to go through:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/You-Must-Be-Online-When-Logging-In-For-The-First-Time/m-p/6100#M143

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/quot-You-must-be-online-when-logging-in-for-the-first-time-quot/td-p...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Ayp_cZ4FA

There's more if you google the message.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (283 Views)