Re: Sims 3 Stuck at loading screen (again!)

by Aptmass

Original Post

Sims 3 Stuck at loading screen (again!)

★★★★ Novice

Oh boy,I thought this was going to be the end of it but no, after if i load my save again the same thing repeats again just like last time was the screen stuck at 90-95%

Message 1 of 13 (1,288 Views)

@Aptmass  I'm sorry this didn't stay fixed.  Just to clarify, what was it that temporarily allowed you to play?  Could you ever load your save after you'd already played it?  Did you have a Windows update in the last few days?  It would also help if you could run another dxdiag; hopefully it will list some new TS3-related errors.  Here are the instructions again, so you don't have to go looking for them:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 13 (1,275 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here:

Message 3 of 13 (1,258 Views)

@Aptmass  I'm still curious if the game ever worked, for how long, and what appeared to fix the issue, even if temporarily.

However, regardless of the answer, you should update your graphics card drivers.  Both the Nvidia and the Intel cards have newer drivers available.  You can find them on the driver page for your computer:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/g-series-15-5587-laptop/drivers

Click "Show all 45 Downloads," then scroll to the bottom to the Video category.  (You can update GeForce Experience too, if you use it, but there's no reason to install if it you you haven't already.)  Be sure to at least install both the Intel and Nvidia drivers, then test the game.

If this doesn't work, please clean boot your computer, and temporarily disable your antivirus/firewall.  Again, test the game, and let me know whether anything changes.  Here's how to clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Message 4 of 13 (1,197 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict The game only worked one time after I put those IP files in my save.
I later tried after it did it again, to put the files out and put them back again but didn't work.
Now I will try to test my Sims 3 game.
Message 5 of 13 (1,158 Views)

★★★★ Novice

...Aaand that didn't work

Message 6 of 13 (1,124 Views)

@Aptmass  As weird as it is that using an existing save file helped, it is revealing in a way.  It seems like your system is blocking the game's access to your user folder in Documents.  Turn off your antivirus/firewall again, and run Sims 3 as an administrator.  (Right-click on the shortcut you use to launch the game and select "Run as Administrator.")

If that alone doesn't fix things, the issue might be Controlled Folder Access, a feature of Windows 10.  You can disable it entirely or set an exception for TS3W.exe.  This guide is for Sims 4, but the principle is exactly the same.

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html

Message 7 of 13 (1,106 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 8 of 13 (1,057 Views)

@Aptmass  Please run a new dxdiag; I'd like to see if the new drivers are throwing any errors when Sims 3 crashes.

And did anything change when you altered the Controlled Folder Access settings?  As in, did you get any new errors, or did the game behave differently?

Message 9 of 13 (1,040 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here you go:

Message 10 of 13 (992 Views)