Sims 3 Store

by maudns

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Store

★★★ Newbie

Last night I bought Drifters Desire from the Sims 3 Store. Instead of the purchase going through only once as it should have, it somehow went through twice and took all my remaining Sim Points. I only wanted to buy it once, not twice. I would like the points that shouldn't have been deducted back, please. So far, 2 chats have told me this is impossible. However, it's impossible for me to choose to buy more points if they can be taken by glitch or error. And then nothing can be done about it? Why?

Message 1 of 8 (517 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Store

Community Manager

Hey there @maudns,

Sorry to hear you've been double-charged for this purchase! A refund for a duplicate purchase is something the live support team can refund for you- however it's not something we can do for you over the forums as we don't have access to your account details. 

If you're having issues getting this refund processed with live chat, let's get you to live support instead through Twitter or Facebook to get that processed- I'd also recommend you attach this conversation when you reach out there so that team does have something to reference. If you have any troubles reaching out to the team there, please be sure to let me know! 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (501 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey there @maudns,

Sorry to hear you've been double-charged for this purchase! A refund for a duplicate purchase is something the live support team can refund for you- however it's not something we can do for you over the forums as we don't have access to your account details. 

If you're having issues getting this refund processed with live chat, let's get you to live support instead through Twitter or Facebook to get that processed- I'd also recommend you attach this conversation when you reach out there so that team does have something to reference. If you have any troubles reaching out to the team there, please be sure to let me know! 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 8 (502 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you sooo much! Unfortunately, I don't use Twitter or have Facebook. I tried the live EA chat twice and they told me to post here. Is there anything else I can do?

Message 3 of 8 (496 Views)

Community Manager

@maudns 

Could you try the live chat once more for me please and be sure to attach this AHQ conversation when you reach out there for that team to look over? Please keep me updated on how you get on! 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 8 (483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been in the box "waiting to chat" for over 2 hours now... I have to say this a very frustrating and time consuming process, but I appreciate your help immensely. To be continued... hopefully soon and with good news.

Message 5 of 8 (462 Views)

Community Manager

@maudns 

You shouldn't have to wait more than a few minutes to connect over live chat- are you on a mobile device or PC?

If you're on a mobile device, you can restart your phone and try again, or use a PC instead.

From a PC, please clear your browser's cache, or use a different browser instead and start a new chat. Please keep me updated! 

solaire.png

Message 6 of 8 (456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did it!! I've just left another live chat and the missing points were quickly returned. Your posts were very helpful and I'm sure being able to reference this conversation helped a lot in being able to get that done. Thank you so much!!

Message 7 of 8 (418 Views)

Community Manager

@maudns 

I'm thrilled to hear you were able to get this duplicate purchase refunded, thank you for this update! 

If you need help with anything else, don't hesitate to reach out again Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 8 (405 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help