Sims 3 Store Worlds not showing up in game

by emmagr11

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Store Worlds not showing up in game

@sugarheart644  Please clear out all the files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads.  This is where .Sims3Packs (content from the store and exchange) land when you download them, but they don't need to stay once you've installed the items.  Then download one of the store worlds that's not working, and try to install it.  If it says it's already installed, uninstall it through the launcher first.  Please also make sure there is no corresponding .world file in InstalledWorlds.

If this doesn't work, that's fine, there's a more complicated way to go about this, but please try this first, since it's so much easier.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 18 (2,066 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry....misunderstood. saw whole thread and get you now. I will tell you if it works.

Message 12 of 18 (2,065 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Will do!
Message 13 of 18 (2,064 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict @I've done that and turns out things been a bit more complicated. It started refusing to let me log back on....then i went to origin and it turned out my game was not only broken but there was a duplicate which wasnt in my favourites, thats why I'd not noticed it before. I've fixed the one in favourites and backed up my folder...the duplicate is not fixed and i suspect it may be the root of the problem in the first place. If i unistall it would it uninstall the fixed one too? Meanwhile I will try the same steps with the copy that is fixed by opening from origin and not the desktop icon. Both copies show they were played at same time

Message 14 of 18 (2,046 Views)

@sugarheart644  I'm not sure what you mean by duplicate.  Could you take a screenshot or two showing me the two copies?  Whether uninstalling would help depends on where the duplicate is.

Message 15 of 18 (2,014 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi @puzzlezaddict! I'm having the same issue that @sugarheart644 shared. I tried the procedure you explained but it still doesn't work and now my saved game doesn't appear when I start playinh even though it appears in the Saves folder. Any thoughts about this? I could use any help, thank you! Standard smile

Message 16 of 18 (1,714 Views)

@Ailux13  Have you tried installing a world into a clean Sims 3 folder?  If you haven't already, please do so now: move the entire folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create a clean folder, download one world, install it, and let me know whether it shows up.

Message 17 of 18 (1,694 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi! Actually that worked, but it happened several times. The thing is that I found another solution: every time this happens I just restart the computer, and when I launch the game again, everything works fine (I've done that at least 6 times and it works 100%). Just in case someone new has this issue. Standard smile Thanks everyone!

Message 18 of 18 (1,620 Views)