Sims 3 Store Errors, cant download content

by 307955

Original Post

Sims 3 Store Errors, cant download content

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I've just reinstalled my Sims 3 games after a long break and I've purchased quite a alot of store content. Most of it has downloaded fine, but Grandpa's Grove, Deliciously Indulgent Baker and Brunch at the Old Mill will not download at all - I just get a message saying either there's been an error or the that I don't own the content (screenshots attached)

I've tried refreshing the browser and using a different browser all together.

My Sims launcher is on version 1.54 (if I remember rightly "back in the day" though we got to 1.67? (Making myself feel really old there lol Party hat)

Message 1 of 5 (649 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Store Errors, cant download content

@307955  If you go to the product pages for the store items, do those pages show you own the content?

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:70461

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72332

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72837

One thing that these three sets have in common, as far as I can tell at least, is that they're all newer than patch 1.54.  So the first thing to do is to manually patch to 1.67, which you can do with the Super Patch.  You can find a download link here, under "Cumulative Base Game 1.67 Super Patcher":

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

Once you've updated, try again to download these sets, and if you get the same error in multiple browsers, let me know what those product pages say.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (619 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@307955   The update option is no longer available in the game launcher. You need to find the 1.67 super patch. Once the game is patched to 1.67 the game will patch to 1.69. This removes and/or disables SecuROM and SafeDisc DRM. An easier way is uninstall the game and get the download version. Pc users are now required to use the EA app. Installing the EA app will uninstall Origin - you do not need Origin as it no longer properly supports pc users. The EA app does not run under IOS so mac users still need Origin for DRM. When you log into the EA app you can install Sims 3 and that will install the 1.69 version. Installing the game also install expansion packs. Start the game and go to the load game page. Click on the three dots in the lower left and you will find an option to open downloads dashboard. From there you can install items from thesims3.com store. If you get any errors just close the game and restart. .You will find other new options from thesims3.com. I was trouble shootings store items not staying installed and any workarounds quit working. I reinstalled the game completely and installed using only the EA app. My game has been stable and playable for 2 weeks now.

Message 3 of 5 (600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

All three of the CCs are showing up as downloadable in the store, so I suspect that the launcher patch is the problem.
I've just downloaded the superpatch and gone to use it, and I get this bizarre error message from it; can anyone translate what its trying to say is running? 

Message 4 of 5 (515 Views)

@307955  Just restart your computer and try again.

And in case it's not clear, you absolutely do not need to install Sims 3 via the EA App.  An all-disc install is still perfectly viable, as would be an Origin install if you wanted one (but I don't see why you would if you can just play through discs).  Store content is also unreliable, at the moment, with an EA App install, but not with any other kind.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (512 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help