Sims 3: Starts loading and then stops loading

by SparkleQueen2142

Original Post

Re: Sims 3: Starts loading and then stops loading

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict

First, I wanted to mention something I forgot is that I still had mods folder installed in Sims 3 with Nobuildsprakles in it and when I loaded sims 3 there was no mods pop up like there should be when sims was actually working, and not only that but I added a few more mods into the game and all of a sudden it wont work again, It would do all of the same but even get to the loading screen and then crash, but I have the updated version of the mods along with the updated game.. 

Message 21 of 55 (608 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  An Nvidia 250 is an extremely old card; I'm surprised it works at all.  Whether that's the issue, I'm not sure.  But let's put all your other mods aside for now.  Adding them back in before you know that your mods setup is working will only complicate things.

Again, take your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and launch the game.  Does it load?  Can you start a new save?  If so, add the mod framework, but no other mods, make sure to delete your scriptCache.package file inside your game folder, and launch again.  If you get a black screen, leave it for a while to see whether the game eventually loads to the Main Menu.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 55 (606 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know why but I made sure all of the expansion packs were not active and pressed play. It worked but they are all active. Which surprises me because they are all working at once no problems so far but it's also weird because I made sure none of them were checked. I don't know if any of that is important so I thought I would mention it. 

Message 23 of 55 (594 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Have you tried what I described in my previous post?  I know this is frustrating, but I really do need to know what happens if you add the mods framework but none of your old mods.

Also, do you happen to have OneDrive enabled?  You might have a second TS3 game folder there, or somewhere, although it sounds like that might only have become a problem recently.  If OneDrive is enabled now, turn it off and repeat the steps in my previous post.  If you're not sure whether you have a second game folder in OneDrive (or elsewhere), check the modification date on your deviceconfig.  It should match the last time you tried to load TS3; if it doesn't, then the game is reading a different folder.

Message 24 of 55 (584 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict 

I apologize I have not put it in, I use the game as a stress reliever and I have not played it for a month so when I loaded it up I used it as a chance to play for a hot minute but then I also have homework, I've got Finals coming up for school so I got off and I'm doing homework. I'm not really supposed to be on my computer on the week days as a rule so unless I'm being guilty of breaking rules or finish my homework and do it then you probably won't hear from me until the next weekend. I apologize. If you want to stop working with me,  I understand, If not I will probably try again next weekend. It's just so frustrating. I keep wanting to give up but at the same time I'm going to be honest I have some mental disorders and Sims 3 is what I've used since I was 7 as a stress relief game because in real life there's problems and in game I can do what ever

Message 25 of 55 (579 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  I totally understand why this is so frustrating, and not a lot of fun, and that you're busy with other things.  It's not a problem for you to come back asking for more help later, when you have time to troubleshoot.  It's not at all that I want to stop working with you; I just want to know precisely what's going on so that I can try to help you figure it out.  When there are multiple issues, I personally prefer to narrow things down by simplifying as much as possible, i.e. launching the game with no mods, and then comparing how that works with what happens when you add only the two in the Framework that are known to work.  But it's a lot easier for me to suggest that when I'm not the one wondering how I'll ever get my game to work again.

Anyway, you're always welcome to ask for help, whenever you have time.  It would be useful for you to try the troubleshooting steps first, so that you can post back with the results, but that can wait for when you're ready to tackle the subject again.

Message 26 of 55 (572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Ok. I'm back, for now. I called in 'sick' for school if you know what I mean. It's the last day before break. Anyway. Just to double check that I'm doing it right can you tell me what the Framework is? Is it the Overrides file, Packages file, and Resource.cfg? Or have I been doing this completely wrong double checking to make sure that's not the problem.  

Message 27 of 55 (522 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  The mods Framework is the one you download from Mod the Sims and place in your game folder (Documents\EA\TS3).  Yes, it comes with Packages, Overrides, and the resource.cfg file all in place, as well as nointro and nobuildsparkles.  The only thing you need to do is drop it into your game folder.

But it's a good idea to start with a clean game folder and confirm that TS3 is loading properly before you add the Framework.  That way, you'll know for sure what's causing the issue.

And remember, after adding the Framework, be sure to delete scriptCache.package before loading the game again.

Message 28 of 55 (510 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I do all that without the mod nointro because it caused problems last time, it works everything loads up, stopwatch takes 14 seconds from intro to game loading screen and I get to the game, and there should be a box of mods I have shouldn't there be?

Message 29 of 55 (447 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  When you get to the Main Menu, yes, you should see a pop-up with a list of the mods you have installed.  You've removed NoIntro, but do you see NoBuildSparkles listed?  (And since it's been a while, have you added any other mods yet?)

If nothing is listed, I'd love to see the a screenshot of your Packages folder.  Make sure to capture the bar above the list of files; that will show where the folder is located on your computer.  You can use Windows key-shift-S and then drag your cursor over the section of the screen you want to capture.  You can then open Paint or another image editing app and use crtl-v to paste the screenshot.  When writing a post, use the Browse button to find the file you want.

Message 30 of 55 (443 Views)