Re: Sims 3: Starts loading and then stops loading

by SparkleQueen2142

Original Post

@SparkleQueen2142  Okay, that's weird.  What kind of install do you have?  The only thing I can think of right now is that your game isn't patched.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 41 of 55 (501 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I don't know but I tried to update my game earlier but it said it was up to date. 

By the way I just waited it out and total wait time was 37:16 but I only have the mod that is comes with nobuildsparkle and Mastercontroller that's it. I don't have any expansion packs or custom content. 

Message 42 of 55 (498 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Okay, but I still need to know what type of install this is.  Did you download through Origin?  Use a disc?  Download from Steam?  What to do next depends on the answer.

Message 43 of 55 (485 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict most of my Sims 3 games were bought through steam but I used the code on Origin 

Message 44 of 55 (481 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  Okay, this is beginning to sound like an install issue.  But before going the manual uninstall route, there's one thing to try.  Start by clearing your cache files again.  Sign into Origin and then put it in offline mode.  Next, take your computer entirely offline—pull the ethernet cord and/or disconnect from wifi.  Then launch the game.  Does it make a difference?

If not, start over with a clean game folder and try the same thing: load the game with no mods, add just the MasterController base, delete the cache files, and load again.

If that doesn't work either, I think you'll need to uninstall the game, clean your computer's registry with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download), and reinstall.  It might be less complicated to install via Steam rather than Origin, but it's your choice.

Message 45 of 55 (469 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict when offline mode and ethernet cord disconnected I was able to get in right away, but I was curious and noticed you can't use expansion packs on offline mode. 

Also I don't know if this way would work with the mods I didn't try it yet I took the mods out just in case 

Message 46 of 55 (465 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I have most of them but not all of them through Steam how would downloading them through steam work?

Could I download the ones from Origin onto Steam?

Message 47 of 55 (463 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  You can definitely use your packs in offline mode; you just can't install them.  The reason I suggested you try playing while offline is that I'm wondering if the issue has something to do with your computer's connection to EA, or maybe an antivirus or firewall program.  Or, perhaps, some attempt to sync your game folder with cloud storage.  OneDrive isn't the problem in Windows 7 that it is in 10, but it's still possible that the online connection is the issue.

If you own any content through Origin and not Steam, then you'll need to install entirely through Origin.  I thought maybe you'd bought everything through Steam, but if that's not the case, there's no way to add your Origin content to a Steam install.

Message 48 of 55 (458 Views)

★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Load up is really fast even with mods but I am concerned about the expansion packs because when I am in offline mode they don't even show up in the expansion pack tab, I have almost all but not one show up. 

But I have the mods for Master controller and ever the box is popping up and it literally took 2 seconds to load from the intro to the initial load up screen, I timed it. 

Message 49 of 55 (454 Views)

@SparkleQueen2142  There's no reason you shouldn't be able to use your expansion packs in offline mode; plenty of people play this way.  But if you want to be sure, try installing a stuff pack.  They're small and will download quickly.  Then clear your cache files again and reload with MasterController in place.

If playing offline does turn out to be the answer, you might want to mention it to your stepdad.  There are a number of antivirus/firewall programs that don't play well with Origin or EA products in general, but staying offline would prevent your computer from connecting to EA servers in the background.  It's also possible that your game folder is trying to sync with cloud storage, but I can't tell without knowing what your setup looks like.  So your stepdad might want to adjust the settings on your computer, or you might prefer to play while offline.  As long as the game runs, there's not much reason to connect to EA.

Message 50 of 55 (447 Views)