Re: Sims 3 Starter Pack - Late Night/HELS not showing up in-game.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Starter Pack - Late Night/HELS not showing up in-game.

★★★★ Novice

I have it downloaded and Origin recognises it as downloaded, however it only plays the base game and doesn't show LN in my expansions and HELS doesn't show up in game at all. Other expansion packs downloaded separately work fine

Message 1 of 9 (4,249 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @chloebroomhallxx,

Keep in mind that the packs are not shown in your game library separatedly, they are inside the base game. So to find LN and HELS you would need to right-click on the Sims 3 icon and choose Show Game Details. They are inside "Extra Content", and are downloadable from there.

If that doesn't help, please contact our support team Wink

-Mai

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (4,570 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @chloebroomhallxx,

Please, make sure both Late Night Expansion and High-End-Loft Stuff are checked in the launcher, in the Expansions & Stuff tab.

If they are, and they still don't appear in the game, please get in contact with our support team through EA Help so they can check what could be happening and help you.

Good luck,

-Mai

Message 2 of 9 (4,233 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

They don't appear on the launcher or the expansion packs tab. That is the problem, but Origin recognises them as downloaded. I click on "get for free" when I click, and it says it's already added to my game library. However, in my Game library, it just shows sims 3 base game, and not "Sims 3 Starter pack".

Message 3 of 9 (4,228 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @chloebroomhallxx,

Keep in mind that the packs are not shown in your game library separatedly, they are inside the base game. So to find LN and HELS you would need to right-click on the Sims 3 icon and choose Show Game Details. They are inside "Extra Content", and are downloadable from there.

If that doesn't help, please contact our support team Wink

-Mai

Message 4 of 9 (4,571 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you!! That worked Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (4,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem may I get some help?

Message 6 of 9 (2,495 Views)

@soopey90340  Which packs are you missing?  Do they show as installed in Origin, and are they listed in the launcher's Expansions & Stuff tab?

Please also let me know where you bought the missing packs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 9 (2,487 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got EA play from getting Game Pass and I installed the Sims didn't get the DLC I need fix

Message 8 of 9 (2,197 Views)

@Diundra22  The EA Desktop App doesn't support Sims 3 DLC yet, unfortunately.  It should eventually, but since it's still in beta, it's missing a number of features that Origin has.

Normally I'd suggest you use Origin instead, but that's obviously not a solution for someone using GamePass.  Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do at this point other than wait for the app to add functionality.

Since this thread is originally from 2016 and about a different issue, I'll lock it here.  Anyone else experiencing a similar problem should start their own thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 9 (2,171 Views)