Re: Sims 3: Sims going to school on a snow day?

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Sims 3: Sims going to school on a snow day?

★ Guide

I saw in the forum that the bus isn't supposed to show up on a snow day, but in my game it does. Is this a known bug? and can it be fixed? 

Message 1 of 8 (2,603 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@KatastrophicSim   I think having Generations EP will still make the field trip work, if the children have one scheduled. You can cancel the action going unto the bus also if you want. I just wait, and the action Go to school usually cancels itself out by itself.

Message 2 of 8 (2,564 Views)

★ Guide
@DonroaAkashu Don't know where you got field trip but are you sure I can just cancel it? I don't want them to get in trouble for not going.
Message 3 of 8 (2,550 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@KatastrophicSim   So much pressure! If you are worried about what will happen you can always do a Save As and name it "snowday" just before you cancel the Going to school-action; but yes, I am fairly sure that they won't get into trouble. If they do go with the bus to school, and it doesn't cancel out by itself, I think the school will just be closed for the day and you'll find them playing in the snow outside. Standard smile

Field Trip is a feature that comes with the Generations EP, that takes school children on rabbithole adventures to different community lots during certain school days.

Message 4 of 8 (2,543 Views)

★ Guide
@DonroaAkashu I might try that but nope, the kids do actually go to school. 2/3 snowdays I had they were working away inside. Though on the 3rd they went and left immediatly.

I know what a Field Trip is, was just wondering what the relation t the question is lol
Message 5 of 8 (2,539 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@KatastrophicSim   Ah, then I'm onboard! I meant that if the kids have a field trip scheduled for the day, they might just still go on it, even though the school itself should be closed.

School is not canceled just because it is snowing; there needs to be heavy snow, and a notification, something along the lines of 'Because of heavy snow school is closed', and I also think it is random, like so many things in the game. Do the kids still stay in school when there has been a notification about it being closed due to heavy snow?

Message 6 of 8 (2,533 Views)

★ Guide
@DonroaAkashu Yeah, notification happened 3 times and 2/3 times they stayed in school. The third time they walked in and walked out again.
Message 7 of 8 (2,526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@KatastrophicSim   Have you exited your game and deleted the caches in Sims 3 folder? They are called:

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package (optional)

If that doesn't work you can try to reset the lot and household:

Enter Edit Town; evict the household to the clipboard; copy the house to the library; bulldoze the house on the lot; place a copy of the house from the library unto the lot; place the household back into the house - all in the same Edit Town session.

The sims in your household will loose their wishes and promises by this.

Message 8 of 8 (2,521 Views)