Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Sims 3: Sims going to school on a snow day?

by KatastrophicSim

Original Post

Sims 3: Sims going to school on a snow day?

★★★★ Novice

I saw in the forum that the bus isn't supposed to show up on a snow day, but in my game it does. Is this a known bug? and can it be fixed? 

Message 1 of 8 (197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@KatastrophicSim   I think having Generations EP will still make the field trip work, if the children have one scheduled. You can cancel the action going unto the bus also if you want. I just wait, and the action Go to school usually cancels itself out by itself.

Message 2 of 8 (190 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu Don't know where you got field trip but are you sure I can just cancel it? I don't want them to get in trouble for not going.
Message 3 of 8 (176 Views)

★★ Guide

@KatastrophicSim   So much pressure! If you are worried about what will happen you can always do a Save As and name it "snowday" just before you cancel the Going to school-action; but yes, I am fairly sure that they won't get into trouble. If they do go with the bus to school, and it doesn't cancel out by itself, I think the school will just be closed for the day and you'll find them playing in the snow outside. Standard smile

Field Trip is a feature that comes with the Generations EP, that takes school children on rabbithole adventures to different community lots during certain school days.

Message 4 of 8 (169 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu I might try that but nope, the kids do actually go to school. 2/3 snowdays I had they were working away inside. Though on the 3rd they went and left immediatly.

I know what a Field Trip is, was just wondering what the relation t the question is lol
Message 5 of 8 (165 Views)

★★ Guide

@KatastrophicSim   Ah, then I'm onboard! I meant that if the kids have a field trip scheduled for the day, they might just still go on it, even though the school itself should be closed.

School is not canceled just because it is snowing; there needs to be heavy snow, and a notification, something along the lines of 'Because of heavy snow school is closed', and I also think it is random, like so many things in the game. Do the kids still stay in school when there has been a notification about it being closed due to heavy snow?

Message 6 of 8 (159 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu Yeah, notification happened 3 times and 2/3 times they stayed in school. The third time they walked in and walked out again.
Message 7 of 8 (151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@KatastrophicSim   Have you exited your game and deleted the caches in Sims 3 folder? They are called:

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package
socialCache.package (optional)

If that doesn't work you can try to reset the lot and household:

Enter Edit Town; evict the household to the clipboard; copy the house to the library; bulldoze the house on the lot; place a copy of the house from the library unto the lot; place the household back into the house - all in the same Edit Town session.

The sims in your household will loose their wishes and promises by this.

Message 8 of 8 (146 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help