Re: Sims 3: Sim icon blank, can't interact with Sim

by sujichan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3: Sim icon blank, can't interact with Sim

★★ Novice

I have a husband and wife. Both went to university separately. She's just a sim that was in the game, not created by me. My game was working fine last night when I played. Today his icon is a blank green one, she can't interact with him. I can't click on him. If I go to edit town and click on my family only he is there. She is not. They live in Hidden Springs. This is the first time I've ever had this kind of problem. I've looked at the forums on official sims3 site, and though many have similar problems no help is forthcoming. What can I do to save my family? CAN I save them? Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 14 (19,480 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Pro

Can you try this please, tell me if it helped.

Go to your saves folder on your Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 , see if you have a file in your saves folder that has the exact same name as the game you're currently playing but ending in .backup  If you do, then copy the files in that folder and replace them with the ones on the folder that has the name of the game that you're playing but ending in .sims3  After you do this, the game should load normally. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 14 (22,097 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Use the resetSim cheat.
It should work hopefully.

Message 2 of 14 (19,360 Views)

★ Pro

Go to your saves folder on your Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 3 , see if you have a file in your saves folder that has the exact same name as the game you're currently playing but ending in .backup  If you do, then copy the files in that folder and replace them with the ones on the folder that has the name of the game that you're playing but ending in .sims3  After you do this, the game should load normally. 

Message 3 of 14 (22,098 Views)

★★ Novice

Copy from .backup to .sims3? Or copy and set aside, and copy .sims3 and put in .backup?

Message 4 of 14 (19,353 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Reset Sim did not work. Thanks, though.

Message 5 of 14 (19,349 Views)

★★ Novice

@Gardia wrote:

Thank you! It worked! Much appreciated.

Message 6 of 14 (19,347 Views)

★ Novice

I have the exact same problem as sujichan. But there is a slight difference. I have 3 gameplays in total.(The first one) My sim parents did attend the university as well and are now back home in sunset valley. I removed 3 children from boarding school and now live at home. The other 3 children are still in boarding school. When I enter in the gameplay, first it was a blank green icon that were suppose to be the 3 children that came back from boarding school. The 3 children were acting weird. They were suppose to be sleeping in their beds in my last saved game, but then they started appearing and reappearing on the screen. They would have the (Zzzz) icon like their sleeping but then they would still be walking around like were not sleep. One of the children would be floating outside like their sleeping on the bed. The worst thing of all was I couldn't control them at all. And I even tried to reset all of them. Plus, All three of their names changed. For an example one of the girls name was suppose to be Diamond McGraw, but now its Tina Gaines. Which makes no sense at all. The sim parents are the only ones that are controllable and working.

I cleaned the university  disc and thought that the disc was the problem and restarted. The second time I played that exact current game. I was able to see the 3 children this time. But they still uncontrollable and did the same weird things. So I googled. Someone said that the sims have too much in their inventory and thats why the game is not working properly. So I took a majority of items out of the sims parents inventory, it didn't work. Then, I tried what you suggest copy and replace , and replayed the game and that didn't work either. Is there a way to fix my problem? I would really appreciate it, if someone can help me solve this.

Message 7 of 14 (15,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I still have the no interactions available icon Frown

Message 8 of 14 (14,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This just happened to me so I copied them. Should o click on copy to? How so I exactly transfer the files
Message 9 of 14 (11,931 Views)

★ Novice

Someone told me that the way to solve this is to go into edit town, save your household into the library, evict them and move them back in from the library. this worked for a while but when it glitched up again i tried bulldozing complicated lots, and that worked even better for some reason? I guess so much of my computer's memory was going into the mansions i had built for my sims that the sims themselves couldn't do anything. idk

Message 10 of 14 (11,714 Views)