Re: Sims 3 Seasons - Shrubs & Flowers always in summer mode (don't die or ch

by thebabymario

Original Post

Sims 3 Seasons - Shrubs & Flowers always in summer mode (don't die or change)

★★★ Novice

Hello

I can't get onto Live Chat - still!

I'm having a problem with Sims Seasons

On my sister's game her shrubs and flowers die in the fall/autumn

But mine stay the same as if it were summer

The trees change but nothing else does

I haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem

Message 1 of 6 (1,295 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Seasons - Shrubs & Flowers always in summer mode (don't die or change)

EA app Team

Hi @thebabymario,

Some plants die in fall/autumn, but others, like the flowers you are showing in the screenshots, don't die. At least not in the game as it is, could it be that your sister has a mod installed?

-Mai

Message 2 of 6 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello

I would have assumed that too until I saw my sister's screen by chance one day

No pink and yellow bushes at her winter festival, all bare

Nope, no mods, we don't understand all that

Here are some screenshots from my sister's game, you can see the rose bushes are bare

My sister made a Heidi, and all the flowers are dead, but appear again in the summer

Message 3 of 6 (1,261 Views)

Hero (Retired)

hmmm i wonder if somehow the lot has decide to not work or the save corrupted.There is a couple of things you can try to see if it's the save or the lot

but first checking the seasons settings in game that all the effects are on that your wanting.

Now to the 2 things you can try

First save your game with the save as new name then

1) Go to edit town bulldoze the lot then replace it with a new lot from the community library (park lot-seasons if i recall right there are seasonal lots) and you can change the settings to speed up winter 2 days spring 2 days summer 2 days autumn 7-14 days winter to see if the lot corrects it's self

^^^^ If this works then just save your game

2) Save as new name save a copy of your sim to the library ( you can also save your lot too) start a new game and place them in game again set the seasons as you wish and see if all is well

^^^^ or If this works then just save your game

Message 4 of 6 (1,249 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello

Thank you for replying, the non changing flowers/shrubs glitch affects the whole game not just one lot (screenshot 1)

As brilliant as this game is I guess I just have to accept it gets glitches

Others include, career uniform, all year trick treaters, non - talking toddlers who have learnt to talk... unable to change Halloween Costumes

I had to bulldoze Goth Manor (Wuthering Heights as is now) and place it back in because the Sims who lived there weren't able to return home

One by one they just kinda creep in but for now the game is completely playable so it's OK

I've edited Central Park now and it looks much better in the winter now because there aren't so many flowers and shrubs (screenshot 2)

There was a sickly amount of pink n yellow even without the glitch Standard smile

But if anyone has found solutions to any of these problems would love to hear and of course I will post if I find any too

Message 5 of 6 (1,226 Views)

★★★ Novice

I want to contact EA but their chat is always greyed out on my computer - is there an email I can use? Can someone from EA see this please.

In Sims Seasons there is no costume category, so as soon as Autumn / Fall hits the costumes leak into the career outfits and cause major glitches to occur within the career outfits, Sims going to work without shoes, even when you set a career 2 outfit, it can change, burglars come to the house in a chef outfit... it also means you can't select a costume for your sim when it is halloween. My sister and I both have this problem and have started new games with new expansion packs, so it's not just me or a case of reinstall.

Also yes although the trees change, flowers and shrubs do not.

I'm sorry but plant changes and halloween costumes are a big reason why I downloaded Sims Seasons and I don't think  it's right you charge £30 for a game with two major flaws like this and should create an update. Sims 4 has a party outfit section and Sims 3 needs this too to keep all the career outfits working nicely.

I also upload my Sims to the exchange and I realised their uniform glitches were being uploaded with them. I found a way to solve that, if they get a job then quit their job then you save them to bin (provided it isn't fall) when you get the new copy out of the bin they will be fine but I do feel bad now about Sims I've uploaded.

I hate the feeling of glitches, the game struggles with them and though they're inevitable you are just setting up anyone who buys Sims seasons to have major ones almost instantly. Can someone please send this to EA because I can't. 

Fall is one of my favourite seasons and I basically can't play on it.

Message 6 of 6 (1,191 Views)