Sims 3 - Script Error - Game Won't Launch

by JenRo336

Original Post

Sims 3 - Script Error - Game Won't Launch

★★★ Newbie

I bought the Sims 3 Future expansion through Origin, and it required me to update my game.  Once I did this, I'm now getting script (Facebook) errors when I try to launch.  I close the script error, but my game keeps going back to Origin and won't start.  I've played for years and not had this issue.  

I cleared my IE caches, updated Java and other programs - no dice.  

Please help - just want to play for a bit.  Super frustrated.

Thank you 

JJ

Message 1 of 2 (509 Views)

Re: Sims 3 - Script Error - Game Won't Launch

@JenRo336  The script error is annoying, but it's harmless for most players.  I dont think it's the reason TS3 won't open.

Please remove your entire Sims 3 game folder from Documents\Electronic Arts; you can put it on your desktop.  Try to launch the game, and if it works, there's a corrupt file somewhere in your old game folder.  You'll need to sort through those files manually to find the problem.  (You can test in the clean folder and watch for more crashing.)  Start with mods and custom content, and be sure to delete the five cache files in the clean game folder each time you add or remove content to it.  For reference, those files are:

CASPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

simCompositorCache.package

socialCache.package

If the game doesn't even launch in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (481 Views)