Re: Sims 3 Screen Resolution / Aspect Ratio - Blue Bar Should Be All The Way Acr

by thebabymario

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Screen Resolution / Aspect Ratio - Blue Bar Should Be All The Way Across

★★★ Novice

Hello

I play The Sims 3 on an AMD Windows 8.1 laptop - and my computer is set to 1366 x 768 and my Sims game is set to 1024 x 768 - my game is widescreen and the blue bar goes right the way across the screen.

I've noticed however on many screenshots for The Sims 3 - people are playing it full screen but with everything - including the blue bar squished to the left and the font and Sims faces etc are all narrowed.

My sister included. She either could fill the screen but with everything to the left or had everything normal but with black bars down the side.

I also saw some people saying that they upgraded to Windows 10 and found that there game was no longer widescreen and with replies like - oh the blue bar is not supposed to go all the way over - yes it is!

So I felt the need to put this post out there! The Sims 3 should run full screen - with everything in proportion. I found a couple of screenshots on Google to show you what I mean.

And I'm going to answer my own post to help anyone.

Screenshot 1 - Shows the game as it should appear.

Screenshot 2 - Shows it as playable but not to the best as it can be.

Message 1 of 4 (13,828 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Screen Resolution / Aspect Ratio - Blue Bar Should Be All The Way Acr

★★★ Novice

Hello

I personally never found this problem in Windows 8.1 - I have an AMD display driver - my display setting were 1366 x 768 and the game set to 1024 x 768.

My sister's game did not display as it should. She had a Macbook Mountain Lion. We played around with the computers resolution settings and the game - the best we could do was 1024 x 768 - so the game didn't go to the left but there were black bars down the side. So if anyone has any advice for Mac users please add to the conversation.

My sister bought a PC laptop because it's better for gaming. Windows 10 - Intel display driver - and ugh - same problem we had with the Mac - gutting!

And I saw many topics on games that had gone wrong since upgrading to Windows 10 - well we solved the problem.

We kept the original display settings for the computer 1366 x 768 - landscape - refresh rate 60.

With Windows 10 - and I don't know if it's like this for AMD drivers but for Intel it comes with its own settings!

So type into the search bar Intel and click Intel settings! Then click display - We played around a bit and eventually found this - 1366 x 768 - make sure scale screen and over ride application settings are ticked!

As soon as we did this - the 1024 x 768 game filled the screen with no narrowing to the left.

Hope this helps people and feel free to add different solutions for different machines!

I had the game open whilst I fiddled about too - you don't need to keep reloading it every time you change screen resolution.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (14,821 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Hello

I personally never found this problem in Windows 8.1 - I have an AMD display driver - my display setting were 1366 x 768 and the game set to 1024 x 768.

My sister's game did not display as it should. She had a Macbook Mountain Lion. We played around with the computers resolution settings and the game - the best we could do was 1024 x 768 - so the game didn't go to the left but there were black bars down the side. So if anyone has any advice for Mac users please add to the conversation.

My sister bought a PC laptop because it's better for gaming. Windows 10 - Intel display driver - and ugh - same problem we had with the Mac - gutting!

And I saw many topics on games that had gone wrong since upgrading to Windows 10 - well we solved the problem.

We kept the original display settings for the computer 1366 x 768 - landscape - refresh rate 60.

With Windows 10 - and I don't know if it's like this for AMD drivers but for Intel it comes with its own settings!

So type into the search bar Intel and click Intel settings! Then click display - We played around a bit and eventually found this - 1366 x 768 - make sure scale screen and over ride application settings are ticked!

As soon as we did this - the 1024 x 768 game filled the screen with no narrowing to the left.

Hope this helps people and feel free to add different solutions for different machines!

I had the game open whilst I fiddled about too - you don't need to keep reloading it every time you change screen resolution.

Message 2 of 4 (14,822 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does anybody know how to do this with AMD Radeon? All seemed fine on mine until the resolution went wrong with my simctity, contacted EA and they made me do stuff that didn't work and it's now messed up my sims 3 so now its all zoomed out and unreadable!!

Message 3 of 4 (13,586 Views)

★★★ Novice

hello

i had to reset my comp after a virus

installed sims and same problem back

either black bars either side or full screen but blue tool bar squashed to the left

i downloaded the amd centre https://www.amd.com/en/support there's an auto detect option if u are unsure

once downloaded i played about a bit - so my comp resolution is 1366 - my game is 1024 and in the amd centre i selected scaling mode to full panel

i think that's the trick - screen resolution settings arent enough u have to download the graphics centre whether its amd or intel etc and sort of click about until you have it right

kind regards

Message 4 of 4 (12,108 Views)