Re: Sims 3 Registration Code Invalid, Need Help!

by boreaerdos

Original Post

Re: Can't retrieve my games

★★★ Newbie

Neither of us registered the games. We only downloaded using the disk and put the codes in on the download screen.

Message 100 of 194 (692 Views)

Re: Can't retrieve my games

@annakinsolo  Then I'm sorry, I don't know of anything else you can do, other than contacting EA customer support and asking for help.  Issues with codes generally can't be fixed by anyone on this site.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

In your position, I'd just install the game via disc, without using Origin at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 101 of 194 (684 Views)

CODE ALREADY USED BUT I DIDN'T

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am trying to put my the sims 3 in my library, but origin won't let me do it, it says it is already registered. I don't remember putting it already, since I've always played using the disks. 

Message 102 of 194 (760 Views)

Re: CODE ALREADY USED BUT I DIDN'T

@jddb324  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Did you ever register your content on the old Sims 3 site ( www.thesims3.com or store.thesims3.com )?  If so, that's why Origin reads the code as used: Origin and the old site share information.  Sims 3 should already be in the Origin account associated with the Sims 3 account though.  Even if you never deliberately made an Origin account, the two were tied together a number of years ago.

If you're not sure what email you might have used back then, you can enter any address you had into the login window in Origin or on the Sims 3 site and click "Forgot your password?"  Any address associated with an account should receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check you spam folder too.

If this doesn't help, then you'll need to contact EA customer support for more help.  Support is on reduced hours right now, with phone calls unavailable entirely and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Message 103 of 194 (722 Views)

The Sims 3 CD's Serial code not working

★★★ Newbie

Have all the The Sims 3 expansion and game packs on discs, original ones that my parents bought for me when I was younger. Have been trying to reinstall them through Origin using the serial codes. Only a few codes worked. Most of the times it tells us that the code has already been used. Never used the codes before with Origin. What should I do? (My current PC has no disc reader). 

Message 104 of 194 (787 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 CD's Serial code not working

@KarroKikka  Did you ever register any of your content on the old Sims 3 site ( www.thesims3.com or store.thesims3.com )?  If so, that's why some of the codes read as used: the old site and Origin share information.  But that content should already be in the Origin game library associated with the account you used back then.  Please check your current account too: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs (or Stuff Packs), and see whether the packs with the used codes are listed as owned.

If you don't remember what account you might have used on the old Sims 3 site, you can enter any email address you had back then in the login window and click "Forgot your password?"  Any address associated with an account should receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check your spam folder as well.

If you do find a separate account with your old content on it, you can request that EA customer support merge it with your current account.  You can also ask support for help in tracking down an old account.  In the second case, it would be helpful to take a photo for each missing pack that shows the disc, the box it came in, and the insert with the code visible.  You can upload these photos directly to a live chat session.

Support is on limited hours right now, with phone calls entirely unavailable and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Message 105 of 194 (738 Views)

Transferring the Sims 3 from a Mac disk to my Origin-code already redeemed??

★★★ Newbie

Good evening. I purchased the Sims 3 along with multiple expansions a couple years ago. I had only installed them on my Mac. Nowhere else. Now, I'm trying to play the game but Origin is telling me my code has already been redeemed. I personally don't recall using the code on any online platform, Has this happened to anyone else? How can I fix this? 

Message 106 of 194 (728 Views)

Re: Transferring the Sims 3 from a Mac disk to my Origin-code already redeemed??

[ Edited ]

@livewireact  You might not remember it, but is it possible you registered your content on the old Sims 3 site ( www.thesims3.com or store.thesims3.com )?  Doing so would have given you some free store content: an extra world, plus some bonus items for each expansion.  That site and Origin share information, so any code used in either will read as already redeemed in the other.

If you're not sure which email address you might have used, you can enter any address you can think of into the login window on Origin or the old site and click "Forgot your password?"  Any address associated with an account will receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check your spam folder too.

If this isn't the issue, did you happen to buy the discs used?  The previous owner could have registered them before selling them.

Message 107 of 194 (725 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

I have the same problem! I had the Sims3 starter pack with the Seasons on an old computer but it crashed. I haven't played in years, but I have found the game again and would like to download it onto my new laptop.

I have contacted the EA Help and an looking through thesims3.com as well, but haven't found anything yet..

If anyone has tips please let me know!

Thx.

Message 108 of 194 (827 Views)

@boreaerdos  If you registered the product keys either in Origin or on the old Sims 3 site, then the content will be in the Origin account tied to the email you used back then.  All you'd need to do is login to that account.

EA customer support is on limited hours right now, with phone calls entirely unavailable, and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.  It also often takes more than one attempt to get through.

Message 109 of 194 (793 Views)