Sims 3 Redownload

by GracieSimsYT

Original Post

Sims 3 Redownload

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the sims 3 on another computer using a disc to download it. I also did the same for university, generations, pets, supernatural, seasons, and island living. I was able to download the sims 3 base game on my new laptop, but I haven’t been able to download any of the expansions. Is there a way to reclaim them?

Message 1 of 4 (458 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Redownload

@GracieSimsYT  When you say you downloaded the base game onto your laptop, do you mean again from disc, or from Origin this time?  If you're trying to install via disc, do you get any error messages when the expansion packs don't install?  What operaing system do you have: Windows or macOS, and which version?

If you're trying to download from Origin, do the packs show up in your game library?  Click on the Sims 3 icon, then select More > Expansion Packs, and scroll to where each pack is listed.  Any pack that is owned by your account should have a Download button; otherwise, the button will say Buy Now.

By the way, even if you never registered your packs in Origin or on the Sims 3 Store site, you can still do so now, provided you can find the codes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the base game using origin. I checked to see if the expansions downloaded, but it says that I don’t own any of them. I can’t find the disc boxes, and I was young when I first downloaded them so I didn’t register them.

Message 3 of 4 (437 Views)

@GracieSimsYT  If you still have the computer on which the packs were installed, you may be able to find your codes now.  Here's how:

Windows:  https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

macOS:  https://bluebellflora.com/finding-your-serial-key-using-terminal/

Otherwise, you unfortunately may be out of luck.  Even when installing via disc, you do need a code to authenticate ownership.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (428 Views)