Sims 3 Purchased Store Content Won't Install

by jaymiex89

Original Post

Sims 3 Purchased Store Content Won't Install

★★★★★ Novice

I have purchased 26 pages (in purchase history) worth of Sims 3 Store content, have downloaded & installed about 6 pages worth, but when I open the file directory to Downloads, there are only 25 or so items shown.  That means the stuff isn't ACTUALLY installed.  How do I fix this so I can use the things I bought?  I'm so frustrated!  Please help me!

Message 1 of 4 (257 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Purchased Store Content Won't Install

Hero

Do they also not show in the installed tab ?

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (233 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having the issue where I can install the store content, but when I launch the game, none of the content appears within the title. After I exit the title and reopen the launcher, all the downloads that were installed have disappeared from the installed tab, but remain in the download tab. I have attempted deleting and reinstalling all store content to no end. And, I have deleted and reinstalled the entire title including all the DLC's, again with no positive outcome. 

Message 3 of 4 (223 Views)

Hero

Try this from the Store FAQ 

I installed my Store Content but it's not showing up in my game

Unfortunately, the Launcher is a very unreliable tool. The more stuff you have, the greater the chance that files which have your stuff installed get messed up. If that starts happening to you. It's best ro reinstall all Store content, using this method:

• Close your game and launcher
  • Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and move the folder DCCache to your desktop (this is ALL your custom content, so if you have 3rd party content as well, you might wanna just move the *.ebc files as well as the missingdeps.idx)
  • If you have any worlds installed go to the installedWorlds folder and delete all Store worlds from there.
  • Go to the DCBackup folder and delete everything in there. You don't really need the stuff in here except for the ccmerged file but since you're reinstalling everything, it will be recreated.
  • Open the launcher and start reinstalling all store stuff in groups. Don't install all in one go. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last.

When you're done, backup the DCCache folder. If the same starts happening again, go back to that backup so you don't need to start over. Make a backup from time to time, especially after you've installed worlds and lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (213 Views)