Re: Sims 3 Product Code

by anna5907

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Product Code

★ Novice

I have a problem with my game sims 3 

I just got a new computer and i can't download the sims 3 on it!  

It keeps telling me that the code has already been used, which is correct - but is there really noway I can re-download it again? 

It's not a macbook - but i would like to do it through origins - but it keeps either showing me nothing after confirming the game or just saying that it can't be downloaded. 

What do I do?

Message 1 of 5 (386 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@anna5907  If you already have Origin installed on the new computer just use the same login (email) and password you used on the old computer. Your Origin game library should be there. Origin is just like Valve's Steam - download the installer and log in like you used to on the old computer. The DRM for this game was changed in 2012 as Windows and OS X no longer support SecuROM and SafeDisc. A new install of this game must use Origin. Once the game is in Origin you can get the digital download version. If you never had the game in Origin try logging in to Origin with the same login you used for thesims3.com. If you can not log in to the proper Origin account you will have to contact EA customer service about this issue.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (436 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@anna5907  Google EA Origin. Download the installer for the Origin client for your computer (pc or mac). install Origin (run the installer). Open Origin and log in using the same login and password as you did before (you did have Origin before right?). Origin should indicate to install the game using digital download.

Message 2 of 5 (374 Views)

★ Novice

I downloaded it before from a disc and not through Origin - but I do have Origin downloaded 

The thing is, is keeps saying that the code has already been used - by me of course - so does that mean I can't download it ever again?

Message 3 of 5 (364 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@anna5907  If you already have Origin installed on the new computer just use the same login (email) and password you used on the old computer. Your Origin game library should be there. Origin is just like Valve's Steam - download the installer and log in like you used to on the old computer. The DRM for this game was changed in 2012 as Windows and OS X no longer support SecuROM and SafeDisc. A new install of this game must use Origin. Once the game is in Origin you can get the digital download version. If you never had the game in Origin try logging in to Origin with the same login you used for thesims3.com. If you can not log in to the proper Origin account you will have to contact EA customer service about this issue.

Message 4 of 5 (437 Views)

★ Novice

Okay - I will try that - thank you very much for the help!

Message 5 of 5 (351 Views)