Re: Sims 3 Pets available to download in EA App but not showing in game

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Pets available to download in EA App but not showing in game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Having been waiting patiently for EA to fix the issue of some expansion packs not downloading from the EA app, I'm now experiencing another issue!

Sims 3 Pets is showing as available to download in my account on the EA app, however once I have downloaded it is does not show in my launcher or game. 

I've tried to speak to EA but they are saying it is not on my account and that as it wasn't bought through Origin (I've had it for years and can't remember exactly how I bought it, but it was either origin or on disk, so likely disk in this case) there is nothing they can do. They are saying I need to contact the retailer I bought it from (god knows who that was!) or buy the game again. 

Obviously I don't want to buy the game again as I've already bought it once and it is working fine on my Mac, its just my new PC with the EA app instead of Origin. 

Does anyone have any more helpful insights to fix this, other than buying it again! 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (798 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi there @Rachel5411,

It sounds like Pets may have been removed from your account- this isn't something we'd be able to verify or check on over AHQ as we don't have access to your account details here, so live support would need to look over the account details with you and check on that. 

I'd recommend speaking with live support over Twitter or Facebook so they can look into this further with you and see what's happened with your account- if you have any issues getting through to support there, please be sure to let me know. 

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (776 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there @Rachel5411,

It sounds like Pets may have been removed from your account- this isn't something we'd be able to verify or check on over AHQ as we don't have access to your account details here, so live support would need to look over the account details with you and check on that. 

I'd recommend speaking with live support over Twitter or Facebook so they can look into this further with you and see what's happened with your account- if you have any issues getting through to support there, please be sure to let me know. 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 4 (777 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your reply!

I've already spoken to them on chat and they just said that as I didnt buy it on origin there was nothing they could do as they couldn't verify the purchase. Their only solution was to speak to the retailer I bought it from (can't remember who that was!) Or buy the game again (which I can't do on EA app as it just says I already own it!) 

So I'm lost! 

Message 3 of 4 (769 Views)

Community Manager

@Rachel5411 

Try purchasing Pets through the EA App again, let me know if you're still getting an error there please. 

solaire.png

Message 4 of 4 (739 Views)