Re: Sims 3 Pets: *SOME* pets work, others? No

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 Pets: *SOME* pets work, others? No

★★★ Newbie

I've had this game for a long time, and I got a new computer because I wanted to fix a problem. On the old computer, the pets' colors worked fine, but they were severely deformed. Now on this computer, the pets are completely normal, except for the fact that every one that I create is jet black all over. Pre-made households with pets kinda work, but as I saw a few minutes ago, when I aged up the puppy of the Blackburn household, it turned black, while the other dog stayed the same. It seems that any generated pet will not function. Wild horses, even, are black all over. If I play with a premade household, pets overall work, but as soon as they age up or perhaps I go into create-a-sim or such, they turn black. I've looked at other reports of this problem, but couldn't see one that only partially had the bug, which is why I'm asking now. 

The dog & cat textures of the Sims 4 dogs and cats work fine on this computer, but since I prefer the fun of Sims 3 more I wanted to play it here. DxDiag information attached, along with a picture of an example of what happened.

Message 1 of 2 (348 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets: *SOME* pets work, others? No

@dragongirl123321  Honestly, I'm surprised you can run Pets at all.  With only 4 GB RAM, a weak integrated graphics card, and a slow older processor, your hardware is far below the recommendations for Pets, which is the most demanding TS3 pack.  TS4's EPs don't demand as much from your hardware, and the newer game also runs better on weaker systems.  TS3, in contrast, can be pretty unforgiving.

I wish I could tell you how to fix the graphics issues with TS3 pets, but I don't think it's possible.  Turning down all graphics options to low will probably only help a little bit, if at all.  Furthermore, you might even be running the risk of damaging your computer by forcing it to run Pets.  I'm sorry I don't have a better answer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (337 Views)