Sims 3 Pets: No stray animals

by HelloEllieH

Original Post

Sims 3 Pets: No stray animals

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the Sims 3 Pets expansion pack  downloaded via Steam but have had no luck finding stray animals.

I currently have a Sim in Appaloosa Plains and have all of the gnomes (set to encourage wildlife), multiple food bowls and animal houses outside, but I'm not getting anything come by. I have over 100 hours in game and have not seen a single stray. I have also tried moving towns, creating new families, moving lots etc but nothing seems to help.

I have had previous glitches with the game, often wild animals and minor animals do not appear on the map and to resolve this I have to start a new game and place a copy of my household into the town.

I have no mods installed and the game is up to date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (3,863 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets: No stray animals

Hero (Retired)

@HelloEllieH  Do you any cc installed? Something may be interfering with the spawners? I am presently playing Appaloosa Plains and I don't get many (seldom) strays but I do get them. I know there is a way to display the spawners (I think by using the cheat mode) and if there are spawners something may be preventing them from working correctly. This is usually a mod or cc. I confess I have never had to do this. If there is something interfering you may want to install a mod called overwatch by nraas may help. There should be no difference between the Origin version and the Steam version of Pets. You may want to check the Steam forums and see if anyone else is having the same issue.

Message 2 of 4 (3,849 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@roberta591 Thanks for your reply! I haven't previously had any cc installed and only now have additional mods which are supposed to increase the appearance of strays, but they don't seem to be working. The spawners on buydebug are only for minor animals like rodents and fish so I can't do anything there either. :/
I'll have a look at the overwatch mod and see what happens, thanks for the suggestion!

I have posted on the Steam forum but haven't had any luck yet.

Message 3 of 4 (3,831 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@HelloEllieH  Again I seldom get strays but I do get them. The only thing I can find is there are no spawners for large adoptable animals (cat, dog, horse, etc) as these are supposed to be spawned by the game if you have Pets installed. There may be some game error that is preventing the creation. I use nraas overwatch mod that resets many issues.

Message 4 of 4 (3,825 Views)