Re: Sims 3 Pets All Black

by tarahoover

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Pets All Black

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,I've recently bought Pets for my hp laptop but when I try to make pets or adopt they're all solid black, except the eyes. I've noticed that the ones that come in game are perfectly normal, I've turned Advance Rendering on and nothing.

Message 1 of 5 (379 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@tarahoover  Your computer has a Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N3050 and it has a burst frequency of 2.14Ghz and no turbo speed. This is below the minimum of the 2,4 requirement for this game. This issue may be a video driver issue and it seems you have the latest Intel has. The Intel HD Graphics is known to have issues with PETS. The Celeron N3050 has an integrated Intel HD Graphics N3000 chip. The graphics chip has no "real" dedicated video memory - all memory used by the graphics system is borrowed from main memory. Your computer only has 4Gb. you can increase the memory as you have a 64 bit operating system. I am not sure if more memory will fix the issue. I'm not sure if an updated video driver will help. You will have to wait and see if Intel decides to release a driver update and hope that fixes the issue. This is why integrated Intel video chips are not a good choice for gaming. You need to consult a computer technician about possible solutions.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (329 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@tarahoover  Is your computer a pc or mac? If your computer is a pc please post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post your computer's dxdiag   thank you

Message 2 of 5 (362 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@roberta591It is PC

Message 3 of 5 (318 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@tarahoover  Your computer has a Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU  N3050 and it has a burst frequency of 2.14Ghz and no turbo speed. This is below the minimum of the 2,4 requirement for this game. This issue may be a video driver issue and it seems you have the latest Intel has. The Intel HD Graphics is known to have issues with PETS. The Celeron N3050 has an integrated Intel HD Graphics N3000 chip. The graphics chip has no "real" dedicated video memory - all memory used by the graphics system is borrowed from main memory. Your computer only has 4Gb. you can increase the memory as you have a 64 bit operating system. I am not sure if more memory will fix the issue. I'm not sure if an updated video driver will help. You will have to wait and see if Intel decides to release a driver update and hope that fixes the issue. This is why integrated Intel video chips are not a good choice for gaming. You need to consult a computer technician about possible solutions.

Message 4 of 5 (330 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@roberta591 Ok, I am hoping to get a desktop within the next year or so because mine isn't a very good gaming computer, thanks for the help, have a good day Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (294 Views)