Re: Sims 3 Pets - Adopted cat ages up rapidly

by princess_beow

Original Post

Sims 3 Pets - Adopted cat ages up rapidly

★★★ Newbie

I cannot find an answer to this issue.

I have Sims 3, including Pets (just missing Supernatural, the Katy Perry stuff, some stuff packs, and Late Night).  When I adopt a cat from the shelter, it says it is a kitten when I select it. When it arrives at my house, it is suddenly an adult. And even though I have changed the aging parameters, within a few hours, it has aged up to an "elder" saying it is 72 days old!

What the frizzits?

I've patched the game already and it's up to date according to my launcher.  What can I do about this?

Message 1 of 7 (897 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Is it only when you adopt from the shelter? What happens when you create one?

Message 2 of 7 (889 Views)

Hero

I think it's a bug. Don't know if there are any solutions to this problem. I've seen others report this issue.

Have you been playing this game for a while or is it a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@girl007fisher wrote:

Is it only when you adopt from the shelter? What happens when you create one?

It only occurs when adopting from the Shelter.

I used the computer to search for adoptable animals via the shelter, and picked one that said it was a kitten (name Nova, picture was of a kitten).  It said it was getting cleaned up and ready to be sent my way.

When the social services person showed up with the cat, it was an adult instead of a kitten.  I had my Sims interact with it, fed it, purchased the cat toys and litter box etc., and then suddenly my adult Sims were acting all happy and dancing around the cat.  I selected the man of the house as it were and his action icon said he was celebrating a birthday, and had Nova's (renamed Bastet) picture.  She suddenly aged into an Elder.

I figured it was a glitch so exited without saving, then tried again.  The same thing happened a 2nd time, though the social worker was different that time, and she aged up when my Sims were sleeping.  It said she was 73 days old, which wasn't possible.  A full Sims day hadn't even passed after adopting her.

I had created a dog when I made this small family, and she is aging normally. I also ended up just making two cats based off my IRL cats as a separate household and merged them with mine (but I was trying to avoid that because I get the 15k Simoleons for doing it, and I was trying to avoid cheating as far as money goes in this game).

Message 4 of 7 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@crinrict - 

I JUST got Pets ummm... about a week ago in fact.  It was the first time I tried to adopt anything in the game as character/pet creation seemed to be working. 

I did notice one site including this in the list of bugs they had found with Pets, but can't seem to find a solution.

Message 5 of 7 (884 Views)

Hero

What Sims week are you in ? I'm not sure how it all work internally but my thought was that if the pets stay in the adopt pool for a while, they are show as the age they are when added to the pool but when adopted, they age but because they were in the pool for so long. It's just a thought but maybe if you check the pool again to see if theres a new pet added that is a kitten, that one would actaully be a kitten ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (878 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem, but with horses. I wanted to adopt a foal so that I had plenty of time to train it but then it was an adult when it arrived. It then soon turned into an elder. I adopted another and it's an adult too.

Message 7 of 7 (858 Views)