Re: Sims 3 Monte vista

by sarahholdenried

Original Post

Sims 3 Monte vista

★★★ Newbie

I know it might seem late to be asking this question but I’ve just purchased a world bundle for the sims 3, hidden spring is in my game but Montevista isn’t. It says it’s downloaded in my game and I have all the content of montevista but no world is in my game, quite frustrated as I’ve paid £15 for a world that’s not even in my game

Message 1 of 6 (543 Views)

@neveypops10  Please uninstall Monte Vista through the launcher, and delete the Monte Vista file in Documents\Electonic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads as well.  Download a new copy of the world (use Firefox), install it, and see whether it shows up.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (518 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@neveypops10
It's important that Hidden Springs gets installed before installing Monte Vista.
Message 3 of 6 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sarahholdenried  That's actually not true: I've installed MV without HS at all, and it's worked fine.

Message 4 of 6 (393 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict When it involves the bundle pack, even the instructions say to install HS first then Monte Vista.
I had forgotten to do so 2 months ago, I did Monte Vista first, and then after that installed I tried to install HS. It would not install any of it, nothing.
So had to uninstall Monte Vista, and then install HS, and while it was doing so it would have a pop up to say to insert Monte Vista to finish the installation.
I've also done this process without the discs too, just by trying to download, and it's just that the bundle pack is picky in which one installs first, otherwise it won't work right.
Message 5 of 6 (372 Views)

@sarahholdenried  People buying the worlds from Origin now get one code each for MV and HS, and the worlds will install separately without any issues.  I can't speak to the disc copies because I've never tried using one.  But I do know how my game works.

Message 6 of 6 (363 Views)