Re: Sims 3 Monte Vista Installation

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 3 Monte Vista Installation

★★★ Newbie

Have purchased Monte Vista from the online store. It will download but refuses to install. It tells me to check my game for the newest updates, which I have done quite a few times. have removed and re downloaded multiple times, spoke with a representative, they said their was a problem with the code I had gotten and gave me a new code, tried again, downloaded but failed to install, the representative then had me perform a clean boot, but it has not resolved the issue. I have a PC. Anyone have any ideas? 

Message 1 of 2 (256 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Monte Vista Installation

@RemiJRP  There are a few different potential issues here.  First, what kind of install is this?  (Origin, Steam, disc)  The store patches are no longer offered automatically by the launcher, but Origin installs have them incorporated into the game's program files.  If you don't have an Origin install, you can read this thread for more information on what to do:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

If this isn't the issue, check the size of the download you're getting.  Sometimes a file will read as downloaded, but the pack itself will be 0 kb or some other number that suggests it wasn't downloaded properly.  In that case, it's best to clear your browser caches, or try a different browser.  Chrome doesn't work well with the store, for example, but Firefox is fine.

The other possibility is that you have some corruption in your TS3 game folder.  You can pull the entire thing out of Documents and onto your desktop, then launch the game to spawn a clean folder.  Download Monte Vista into this folder and install it.  Then take the file out of InstalledWorlds inside the new game folder, and place it in InstalledWorlds in the old folder.

Next, go into DCCache in the new folder and grab the file labeled dcdb0.ebc.  You'll want to place it in DCCache in the old game folder, but first, you'll have to rename it so that it's numbered one higher than the highest numbered .ebc file in your old folder.  (You can ignore the .dbc files for this purpose; they contain third-party custom content.)  So if you already have dcdb0.ebc through dcdb4.ebc, the new one should be dcdb5.ebc.

Finally, launch your game and start a new game in Monte Vista to make sure it loads properly.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (252 Views)