Sims 3 Mods won’t work

by Chloe2445

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Mods won’t work

@LiddleLid  Please post a screenshot of the contents of the folder that contains your mods, as in, I want to see the files themselves.  Include the address bar, above the list of files and folders, in the screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 37 (1,617 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Would've responded sooner but I was in class >.< Here ya go, hopefully this is right -

Message 12 of 37 (1,607 Views)

@LiddleLid  Sorry for the late reply.  I actually wanted to see the contents of the Packages folder, assuming that's where you've put your mods.  But in this case, the problem, or at least a problem, is obvious: your Mods folder is inside a second Mods folder.  Sims 3 can't read the files in this format.  The file path needs to be:

... The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages

Once you've gotten rid of the redundant folder, delete scriptCache.package from the Sims 3 folder and see whether the mods work.  If not, please post a screenshot of the Packages folder, again with the address bar showing.

Message 13 of 37 (1,587 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Well now I was able to get the game to start with only the Maxis screen and then straight to the loading screen, so I think that part is working? But now I don't know how to find my cc in game. I looked all around CAS for some of the few starter mods I downloaded but I don't see any of them. Just some skin/makeup stuff...

Message 14 of 37 (1,569 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LiddleLid  What mods or custom content are you looking for that you don't see?  Please either list the files (but don't link them) or post a screenshot of the Packages folder and let me know what isn't loading.

Please also try deleting the other cache files in your user folder in case it helps.  Aside from scriptCache, these are the others:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Message 15 of 37 (1,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Here's the packages folder. So far it's just CAS mods but I don't see them in my game. :/

Message 16 of 37 (1,514 Views)

@LiddleLid  Everything looks fine here, but I think this custom content might all be for Sims 4, not 3.  (The eyeliner definitely is, and it looks like most of this creator's work is for Sims 4.)  Both Sims 3 and 4 use .package files for cc, so it's an easy mistake to make if you're not double-checking the download pages.

Message 17 of 37 (1,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry to bother you, I know this is random but I am having the same problem as well, I've tried about everything and I can't find out what's wrong.

Message 18 of 37 (1,080 Views)

@soky21  You're not bothering me at all; I answer questions here because I enjoy it.

Is there a resource.cfg inside the Mods folder?  Did you delete the five cache files after installing the mods?  They're in the Sims 3 user folder, and these are their names:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If this isn't the issue, please find the deviceconfig.log file inside the Sims 3 user folder (the one your Mods folder is inside) and check its modified date.  If the timestamp does NOT match the last time you launched the game, then this is the wrong folder, as in, not the one the game is reading.

Please also provide the full file path to the Packages folder.  Your screenshot only shows the file path as far back as "The Sims 3"; I want to know the part befor that as well.  You can right-click on the folder and select Properties > General, then find the file path under Location.  If you prefer, you can write [username] instead of your actual username, but please leave the rest intact.

Message 19 of 37 (1,071 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I have seen you helping people a lot so I am hoping you can help me. I am having an issue with getting my newly downloaded mods to work in game. Mods that I had downloaded before the game transferred to EA still work, but I am not able to add any new ones to my game. And I tried to uninstall all of the caches, reinstall the framework, everything I have seen on here when it comes to mod installation. Please help!

Message 20 of 37 (731 Views)