Sims 3 Mod help

by DragonKingUK95

Original Post

Sims 3 Mod help

★ Novice

Hello. I am trying to mod Sims 3 but I've been really struggling with loading issues. I'm playing on the Steam Deck with Pets and no other expansion. It will not load into the town at all, getting stuck by a few inches. I don't know what to try. Sometimes the mods don't show up on the detected scripts list. So I have no idea if they are working or not.

Message 1 of 6 (851 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Mod help

Hero (Retired)

@DragonKingUK95 The Steam Deck I believe boots up to a customized version of Linux. WAIT - yes you can multiboot. But your biggest issue is the game is proprietary. What that means is you don't "own" the game. If you paid for this game  what you get is a license to use the software under the EULA (end user license agreement). This is not new. So what you are asking from the distributors web site is how to run this game on a machine that is not included in the system requirements. I think a better place for this would be Steam site.

Message 2 of 6 (811 Views)

★ Novice

I bought it on Steam itself and it runs fine without mods. Just trying to work out how to get my mods to work on it.

Message 3 of 6 (794 Views)

@DragonKingUK95  Which mods are you using?  Please don't post links, but listing them is fine, or you can post a screenshot of the contents of the Packages folder.

Alternately, remove the entire Mods folder and download a fresh copy of the Mods Framework from here:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

Don't add any more mods, at least not yet.  Just see whether the two sample mods work, and if they do, you can add more mods a few at a time.

Whenever you add or remove a mod, be sure to delete scriptCache.package from the Sims 3 user folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I got over 600 mods easily. As for what mods I am using, I'm using several skins, including some nsfw realistic skins which I can't seem to get working. Nraas mods, mods for seasons and pets, such as no peeing inside, no digging and improved weather machine, tons of fixes such as item fixes.

After a lot of trial and error I can load in now no problem but I don't know how to tell if a mod is working or not. If they don't show up on the detected scripts pop up at the beginning does that mean they aren't working?

Note: I bought seasons today which is why I including those mods.

Message 5 of 6 (759 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DragonKingUK95  Not all mods show up in the initial screen.  Tuning mods in particular won't, at least in general, nor will anything that's custom content, for example custom skins, clothing, or furniture.  That list really only includes script mods or at least mods with a scripted component, as in, mods that add scripted commands to the game.

It's also possible that the list at the Main Menu can't display everything if the number of mods is over a certain limit.  I don't actually know for sure, but it happens elsewhere in-game, for example with saves.

For NRaas mods, you can always see a menu for any mod that's loaded if you click on City Hall and select NRaas.  For other mods, if they don't provide a user interface, they might not show in-game; check the documentation to find out whether they're supposed to add any user-accessible functions.  As an example, a pure tuning mod can change the percent chance of an interaction, or block or enable it for autonomous, and it probably doesn't include a user interface because there's nothing to change.

For custom content, just look in CAS or wherever the content is supposed to show up.  The presence of the realistic skins should be obvious enough the first time your sims change into their naked outfits.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (750 Views)