Re: Sims 3- MASSIVE Saving Issue

by savuti

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3- MASSIVE Saving Issue

★ Apprentice

I'll try to keep this short...I chose the base game because it affects every single expansion pack. I have a saving issue. Apparently I'm missing my Saves folder within my Sims EA/Sims/Etc., stuff. Whenever I try to save a game, I have to do Save As...or an error occurs. Fine, I do that. However, when I tried to come back later and start up where I left off, the Sims 3 said something about a "serious error...restart application." It seems to be a common issue, with an easy fix. I looked, but I don't even have a Saves folder. Where are they saving to? How do I fix this!?

Message 1 of 2 (113 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Try doing a "Factory Reset" Check over at Carls Sims on how to start a fresh new game in 20% of the time of doing a complete re-install..You can safely delete any of your cache files. Copy and paste your Downloads folders to your desktop, Remove any of your Mods (I do hope that you keep these in a seperate folder)

and save the file to desktop.Rename your sims folder in My Documents/EA Games/Sims 3 to something like Sims old Resart your Computer and start the launcher. It will start you in a brand new vanilla game..Try playing (maybe in a new neighbourhood from your usual one) Save AS and exit the game.

The launcher will have created all the new folders for your game...Remember these are filed in "MY DOCUMENTS" including the "Saves" folder..You can now safely put back your old saved game into this folder from the desktop, I suggest re-introducing your Mods one by one and any cc you have in the game and test play in between.. If you have recently patched your game there maybe a conflict with a Mod or custom content. Savuti 6

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (105 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Try doing a "Factory Reset" Check over at Carls Sims on how to start a fresh new game in 20% of the time of doing a complete re-install..You can safely delete any of your cache files. Copy and paste your Downloads folders to your desktop, Remove any of your Mods (I do hope that you keep these in a seperate folder)

and save the file to desktop.Rename your sims folder in My Documents/EA Games/Sims 3 to something like Sims old Resart your Computer and start the launcher. It will start you in a brand new vanilla game..Try playing (maybe in a new neighbourhood from your usual one) Save AS and exit the game.

The launcher will have created all the new folders for your game...Remember these are filed in "MY DOCUMENTS" including the "Saves" folder..You can now safely put back your old saved game into this folder from the desktop, I suggest re-introducing your Mods one by one and any cc you have in the game and test play in between.. If you have recently patched your game there maybe a conflict with a Mod or custom content. Savuti 6

Message 2 of 2 (106 Views)