Sims 3 Launcher won't let me uninstall custom content

by twilightkitteh

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 3 Launcher won't let me uninstall custom content

★★★★★ Newbie

Whenever I open my launcher and go to installed content and try to uninstall a specific Sim, the installer window pops up, but after it's finished loading I get an error message saying: Error: package could not be found. It only happens when I try to uninstall this specific Sim, everything else uninstalls just fine. I've tried to remove cc manually with the help of tutorials, but I'm not very good with computers so I've had no luck actually succeeding.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 5 (6,187 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Launcher won't let me uninstall custom content

Hero

You usually get this message if you deleted a Sim from the savedSims folder instead of uninstalling them (or if the Sim didn't get properly installed in the first place). It means that the Sim shows in the launcher but it's not really installed to your game.

You can try this to remove the Sim from the launcher

1. Close the game and launcher
  2. Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3\savedSims
  3. There's a file called downloadedsims.index (or something along these lines)
  4. Move the file to the desktop
  5. Start the launcher. The file should now be recreated and all invalid entries be removed. The Sim should no longer show in your launcher. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (6,162 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, that didn't work. Is the cc it came with supposed to be removed as well? Because when I tried that, the Sim was gone but the cc with it was still there. I should also add sometimes the Sim itself disappears completely from the installed content module, but some things it came with such as shoes and accessories are still there.

Message 3 of 5 (6,152 Views)

Hero

No, you will need to uninstall the stuff separately.

Do you get an error when uninstalling the cc too.

There are sims that don't install properly but the custom content that comes with them does, especially if you use save as and not add to game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (6,149 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem. I was playing and then when I aged up my sim they had a female YA/A shirt and they were only a toddler, so I found out that it was one of my downloaded sims from TSR and I tried uninstalling her but first it said that it failed to uninstall her then I took her out of my "SavedSims" file and then I tried again and it popped up saying :ErrorTongue outackage could not be found. Just like you I'm very confused and I'm not good on working with the sims stuff.
Message 5 of 5 (3,581 Views)