Sims 3 Launcher will not connect to the internet (Webroot, Possibly?)

by GuadalupeNunya

Original Post

Sims 3 Launcher will not connect to the internet (Webroot, Possibly?)

★★ Apprentice

Sims 3 Launcher will not connect to the internet when I open it and the welcome page is just a blue screen which changes into a webpage error that says the website cannot display the page. As a result it will not log me into my Sims 3 store account where I just bought some store stuff for a house that I was going to download from the exchange but when I tried to download it the launcher opened and kicked me off the server and now I'm having this problem. I also noticed a weird message pop up in my computer security software program saying that some weird file name was trying to access the internet and I immediately blocked it because I had been downloading CC all day today and I thought it might have been a trojan, but it might have been the sims 3 launcher file trying to access the internet. I have webroot if that helps. Please help me!! 

Message 1 of 4 (313 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Launcher will not connect to the internet (Webroot, Possibly?)

Hero (Retired)

@GuadalupeNunya   Is your computer a pc or mac? If a pc try clearing the browsing history in IE (Internet Explorer). It has to be IE as the game uses IE to communicate.

Message 2 of 4 (268 Views)

★★ Apprentice
It's a pc and I did clear my browser history in IE.
Message 3 of 4 (262 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@GuadalupeNunya   Did this solve the issue?

Message 4 of 4 (250 Views)