Sims 3 Launcher "There are no packages to install"

by night0ceans

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Launcher "There are no packages to install"

[ Edited ]
Champion

It worked for a couple of items but not the worlds even though it shows them as installed. As well as a few sets.  Made no difference if coming from my saved stick or from my purchase history.

I noticed that sims3 even with the new app was installed under Origin games still so I uninstalled removed Origin completely and then did another install of 3 letting it install to the new default location.  However it still would not download all packs.  Sent another ticket to EA.

And now it won't download my Sims2 at all.  

I may try over again with Origin or just wait until they have worked all the bugs out.  Will keep watching this thread.  

--------------------------------------

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 21 of 125 (3,696 Views)

@Bluegayle @mycailin  Try using the posted fix but also downloading new copies of your store content with a different browser.  Firefox has always worked well for me, but if it's not helping here, try Chrome or Edge.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 125 (3,659 Views)

Champion
@puzzlezaddict I have tried the posted fix. I have been trying to use the downloads saved from my original games and some will and others won't. Doesn't seem to be a pattern. I have also tried different browsers. I reinstalled and then game wouldn't even load this time. Seems others have that problem as well and EA is aware. Hoping a fix comes soon. I am going to reinstall 3 again tomorrow. Thanks for resonding.
--------------------------------------

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 23 of 125 (3,647 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MichaelS1990 Trying this fix now x
Message 24 of 125 (3,626 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SmashyVampy sadly didnt work, said installed but it wasn't
Message 25 of 125 (3,617 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had a feeling it was the new EA download I have made a few days ago. My game was running just fine up until this point and so I am so relieved someone has figured this out. Bless you. It saved me so much time because I wasn’t going to let it down about figuring this new issue out. 

Message 26 of 125 (3,588 Views)

For anyone who can't install store content even with the posted workaround, have you tried clearing Edge's IE cache data?  The launcher is programmed to use Internet Explorer regardless of your default browser, and Edge holds that data now.  Here's how to clear it (end of the article)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/view-and-delete-browser-history-in-microsoft-edge...

Alternately, if clearing it doesn't help, do you run any programs or tools designed to delete extraneous files?  If so, perhaps a file that tells the launcher you own the content is being removed.  The workaround would be to not use the tool or disable the program, at least long enough to test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 27 of 125 (3,573 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My launcher says the exact same thing when I try to install store content that I purchased with my sim points. Frown

Message 28 of 125 (3,539 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MichaelS1990 I've tried this and it doesn't work at all for the sims 3.. *sigh* so frustrating >__<
Message 29 of 125 (3,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MichaelS1990 This helped so much, thank you.
Message 30 of 125 (3,513 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help