Re: Sims 3 Launcher "The website cannot display the page" issue

by roberta591

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Mine just randomly started working about an hour ago. I did nothing, just left it alone and it started working :S

Message 11 of 29 (4,542 Views)

★★ Novice

This has happened to me every week for a month, usually on Mondays. It usually starts working again on its own by Tuesday, but it's now Tuesday night and it hasn't come back to normal yet. 

Message 12 of 29 (4,503 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@privatename1 @BakerLady7 @littletonpace @aijada @EmileeAllene When EA restarts the web site the cookie becomes invalid. If the game can't use the stored cookie it gets confused. Sometimes the cookie will time out and delete but most of the time you need to go into IE and clear the browsing history or just reset the browser - either will work. You have to do this in IE not the browser you normally use. The game uses IE to communicate. Windows 10 default browser is Edge - that's not it. Windows 10 do a search for internet explorer and it will (should) find IE 11. Open it - go to options - clear browsing history. the launcher should work fine after that. If it happens again you'll have to clear the cookie again.

hth

Message 13 of 29 (12,696 Views)

★★ Novice

I just set IE to delete my browser history upon exit and that seemed to fix the problem. Thanks, Roberta591. I  was experiencing the exact same issue everyone else was... it working part of the time, then not. 

Message 14 of 29 (4,360 Views)

★★ Novice

explain exactly what u did please i cant seem to get it im so pissed

Message 15 of 29 (4,339 Views)

★★ Novice

@clporsch3328 same I can't do it either. :/

Message 16 of 29 (4,329 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@missceleste24 @clporsch3328 If your computer is a pc then the game uses Internet Explorer (IE) to communicate. Open IE - click the cog (upper right) - click internet options - in browsing history click delete - next page click delete - next page click apply then ok. This will remove the cookies in IE. When EA resets the servers the cookie stored in IE becomes invalid. The cookie will time out and after a while the launcher will work again without you doing anything. If you have Windows 10 Edge is not it - you need to search for IE (type in the task bar where it says Ask me anything)(it may say search if you haven't updated yet) and it should find IE11 - open IE 11.

Message 17 of 29 (4,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh my god thank you so much I've been really frustrated for days now trying to figure it out!

Message 18 of 29 (4,281 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks roberta591, you are a true hero hehe :eahigh_file:, I have been having the same issue, although I don't generally use IE I forgot that some cookies go thereParty hat

Message 19 of 29 (4,100 Views)

★★ Novice

It was working for a wile, but now its not. I followed what it said and it still is not working. HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is what its saying.

Message 20 of 29 (3,917 Views)