Re: Sims 3 Launcher issue

by LaneyHarleyQuinn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Launcher issue

★ Novice

Hi this is my first time using this so please excuse my stupiditty

my problem is when l click the shortcut on my desktop for any of the sims3 game,addons it does not directly open the launcher it opens origins login screen i then need to loginto my origin account choose play on the sims 3 game this then opens the launcher and i can play the game which is becoming very frustrating

i have spoken to origin customer services which was not much help in the end they suggested a few things which have not worked

i am running windows 8.1 on a lenovo laptop my partner has exactly the same laptop and hers works fine(DOUBLE CLICK SHORTCUT GAME LAUNCHER STARTS)

I have formatted the laptop and reinstalled windows 8.1, uninstalled/reinstalled sims 3, changed DEP settings, tryed clean boot process, created shortcut from ts3.exe within main program, double clicked ts3.exe directly nothing has worked still getting the same issue

ANY HELP WITH THIS ISSUE WOULD BE GREATLY WELCOMED

Message 1 of 9 (1,210 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

And on both versions it says 'GO Social' on the cover ?

That is weird. I'm experiencing the same as you on my Origion and so are many others. No clue why they would change that for some.

I can only start the game by pressing play on Origin not through any shortcuts.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (1,233 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

This seems to be the way EA wants you to start the game. As of Sept 2012 the installer was changed and this is the way the game starts now. Your partner may not have patched or has an older games.

Message 2 of 9 (1,207 Views)

★ Novice

I don't think this is right as I just bought sim3  about 2 months ago running on windows 7 and it has always loaded directly from the desktop shortcut to the launcher it has never brought up the origin login page

My partner is running EXACTLY the same laptop with the same launcher and all patches installed the version numbers match and hers load no problem

Message 3 of 9 (1,199 Views)

Hero

When did you're partner buy the game ?

Unfortunately they did change this with patch 1.63 for the version that requires Origin (which you most probably have if you bought it two month ago). There's nothing you can do then to start the game through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

we both have our own accounts in origin and we both downloaded it and installed it from origin and are both running version 1.63.5.024017of the launcher

she bought here sims about 3 months ago

Message 5 of 9 (1,189 Views)

Hero

And on both versions it says 'GO Social' on the cover ?

That is weird. I'm experiencing the same as you on my Origion and so are many others. No clue why they would change that for some.

I can only start the game by pressing play on Origin not through any shortcuts.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,234 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Did you patch through the launcher? Did you patch using the manual super patch? There are so many veriables it's hard to say what causes this.

Message 7 of 9 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues. I can download the base game and get to the launcher through the desktop icon. But once I installed my expansion packs and did the origin update, the icons only take me to origins home page and not the sims 3 launcher..   I want the launcher back, it was easier to install custom content that way!

Message 8 of 9 (432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everytime I try to sign into the sims it says im info is incorrect when I swear Im typing it correctly. what do i do

Message 9 of 9 (321 Views)