Sims 3 Launcher is broken

by Elekric

Original Post

Re: sims 3 doesn't start

★★★ Newbie
@Miaa245 You are an angel sent straight from heaven!! You don't understand how much this means to me!!! Thank you so much. It's working! The year is looking up!
Message 591 of 1,380 (539 Views)

The sims 3 wont launch

★ Novice

So my sims 3 launcher just takes me back to The EA game app. I used to have origin but it didn't work on there either so I switched to the EA game app. Ive emailed customer support but I'm still having this issue. When I press the play button it vanishes for a second and then goes back to the EA app without opening the game. Ive tried clearing my cache and also reinstalling the game. PLEASE HELPPP

This is my DxDiag

Message 592 of 1,380 (557 Views)

Re: The sims 3 wont launch

Hero

@SourMangoGoGo According to your DxDiag, your PC has a 12th generation Intel CPU. The Sims 3 not opening has been a widespread issue on these CPUs.

Please try the patch mentioned here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/td-p/1...

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 593 of 1,380 (614 Views)

Re: The sims 3 wont launch

★ Novice

@mate54 OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Literal god send, I thought I was going to have to get a refund! The games working now~!

Thank you!!Standard smile

Message 594 of 1,380 (606 Views)

Game won't open

★ Novice

Help! I haven't played The Sims 3 in so long and just got a new computer and decided to download it again it's the only game I have on the computer. I have no mod(s) nor custom content installed yet for it to be causing this problem, I'm using origin again because the ea app was giving me the same problem but every time I go to open the launcher it opens no problem but once I click the play button it takes me back to origin. I've tried everything from restarting the computer, renaming the folder and putting old at the end, starting it without packs and starting it with packs but nothing works. I want to play so bad but everything I try takes me nowhere Frown

Message 595 of 1,380 (651 Views)

Re: Game won't open

Hero
@cheecheeil Does your PC have a 12th generation Intel CPU?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 596 of 1,380 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@mate54 I have Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4500. So I’m not really sure

Message 597 of 1,380 (608 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't open: Alder Lake (Intel 12th-gen) CPU

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much ! This worked on my computer. 

Message 598 of 1,380 (608 Views)

@cheecheeil  Celeron processors are not part of the Intel Core lineup, so technically no, you don't have a 12th-gen Intel Core CPU.  However, your particular processor is affected by the same issue as 12th-gen models, which is that Sims 3 doesn't start correctly on these CPUs.  I've therefore merged your post with the master thread for this issue.

The workaround is to limit the game to one CPU core as it starts to load.  Please see the accepted solution on page one for more information.  With an Origin or EA App install, the workaround needs to be applied to TS3.exe, without the W.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 599 of 1,380 (599 Views)

Sims 3 Launcher is broken

★ Novice

Hi! I have a really bad problem with my game. I've recently decided to replace my old computer parts with new ones. Every time when i try to play the sims 3 it's crashing. It basically looks like that:

1. I open the EA app
  2. I click play in the sims 3 menu
  3. TS3 launcher opens
  4. I click play button
  5. The game closes
  6. The EA app opens

I've tried asking EA help for help but nothing has helped me yet. Oh, and every time I try to open the game, a new file is created named xcpt with an mdmp file extension. I don't have any mods in the game and everything was working fine before changing my computer parts. I tried reinstalling the game but it didn't help either.

Message 600 of 1,380 (578 Views)