by lmesims

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open

★★★ Newbie
WELLME TOO
Message 41 of 47 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same I have been having the same problem as well and I don't know  I have had sims 3 for like a month now and I played it 2 days ago and now when I press it it just says its loading but nothing ever happens.

Message 42 of 47 (1,098 Views)

@piterowski213Have you ever cleared your five cache files from your game folder?  They're in Documents\EA\TS3.  They can be safely deleted (and should be often), and they'll regenerate each time you load the game.  For reference, they are:

CASPartCache.package

compositorCache.package

scriptCache.package

simCompositorCache.package

socialCache.package

If this doesn't help, try dragging your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Can you then launch the game and load a brand-new save?  If so, you can start moving your existing saves and other content into this folder from the old one.  Test your content out in batches; if you suddenly can't load the game again, you'll know that one of the files you just moved is corrupt.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 43 of 47 (1,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

omg THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! it finally worked and im overjoyed!!!!!

Message 44 of 47 (1,076 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This fixed mine thank you!!!

Message 45 of 47 (901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing here. Brand new Windows10 laptop, brand new sims3 game with discs.  It didn't want to play so uninstalled and reinstalled digitally from Origin.

Went to multiple forums to find fixes including some pretty detailed instructions for clearing the cache in Origin.  I'm not a tecchie so I passed up on a lot of suggestions.  I completely uninstalled Origin and the game several times, restarted EVERY time and made sure the game etc was allowed through the firewall.  This laptop and Origin account are for the grandkids and they are VERY disappointed.  I am now paying Origin for a years worth of game play to see if it will then let them play the game that THEY ALREADY PAID FOR.  I feel stupid doing it. But who knows, maybe they will be able to play something extra?  If the problem doesn't persist.  If it does then there will be some real issues for me to work on.  I will let y'all know what happens.

Why do I feel like I'm on the wrong end of this??? 8-0

Message 46 of 47 (422 Views)

[ Edited ]

@KnyvC  If you still can't play, please do a clean uninstall and reinstall of both Origin and Sims 3.  You can download an app to remove files for you, so you don't need to worry about deleting anything by hand.

Start by uninstalling Sims 3:

• If you have saves or other data you want to keep, put aside your Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts and rename it to something that doesn't include the words "Sims 3."
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Sims 3 from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • Once the game is uninstalled, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • Review the list, in case there's something you want to save; otherwise, click Select All, and then Delete.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, uninstall Origin:

• First, clear Origin's cache.  (It's less complicated than it looks.)
  • Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Launch Revo again and uninstall Origin, and when it's uninstalled, select "Moderate" again and Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders.  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."  When it's reinstalled, download Sims 3; you can just download the base game and test if you want, to save time.

Restart your computer after installing and before trying to play.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 47 of 47 (413 Views)