Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open

★ Novice

THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKED!!! Party hat

Message 31 of 47 (1,800 Views)

EA Staff

@IOrangeJucieI Glad to hear that your issue was resolved Standard smile

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions in the future!

Message 32 of 47 (1,800 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive downloaded mine too and now its not doing anything when I click on it from my desktop, app page, or from origin ): I'm going to try and shut down my laptop and see what happens. Getting sims has been a real pain. It took me four hours to try and figure out origin because it kept giving me a error notification.

Message 33 of 47 (1,746 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, now I can play my favorite game again!!Standard smileWink

Message 34 of 47 (1,638 Views)

★★ Novice
Has anyone figured out how to get the game to play???? I was playing just fine and the game crashed and i keep getting the launcher not working. I have been on the phone with EA over an hour and nothing has worked. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it doesn't help. I am at a complete loss! I just want to play my game!
Message 35 of 47 (1,522 Views)

★★ Novice
Mine too..
Message 36 of 47 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i havr the same problem

Message 37 of 47 (1,139 Views)

@xiLilac  @1DadP  You can both try pulling your TS3 folder out of Documents onto your desktop.  When you launch again, the game will spawn a fresh, clean folder with no content.  If you can play with this folder for a bit, you can start moving your saves and other content from your old folder to your new one, a little at a time.  When the game stops working again, you'll know what was causing the problem.

If the clean folder test doesn't work, you can try clearing Origin's cache, or even uninstalling and reinstalling it entirely.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Don-t-know-how-to-clear-origin-cache-View-this/td-p/54997...

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Beyond that, it's difficult to say what the best approaches are without more information about what exactly is going on when you try to launch.  If you have any error messages, please post them; otherwise, it would be helpful to get a complete description of what you see, and where in the process things go wrong.

If you're on a mac, there's an entirely different discussion to be had.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 38 of 47 (1,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how did you uninstall the game then reinstall it. i don't know how to close my applications

Message 39 of 47 (1,033 Views)

@aymrk22  When you quit TS3, the application should close.  With other apps, just click the X in the upper right corner of the app's window.  You can also restart your computer, and you won't have any applications running, other than those that are pegged to startup.

To completely uninstall TS3, you'll need to clean the registry as well.  Some people use third-party software like Piriform's CCleaner (the free version is fine); others delete files manually.  Here's a guide on how to do so—look under the heading "I'm having problems with the game.  How can I manually uninstall it?"  But if you're not familiar with your computer's registry or the steps listed, you might want to ask someone else for help.  Deleting the wrong files can seriously damage your computer.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 40 of 47 (1,028 Views)