Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open

by lmesims

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open

★★★ Newbie

A really simple solution that worked for me and might for others: ctrl + alt + delete and then open up the task manager. Click name to sort it by name if it's not already. Is Sims 3 launcher there? It's already open then, which is why it won't up again. Click it to expand (at least, I had to, I'm not sure why) and then right click it and hit 'switch to'. It should open now! c:

Message 11 of 47 (11,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having a similar problem. I can't get my Sims 3 game to launch. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling. Googling the problem and trying things left right and center. I can't get it to start. I had played it the other day. Shut it off like usual and went to sleep. It hasn't launched since. I can't figure out the problem so any suggestions would help. I am on a laptop with Windows 8. I just can't figure out how it went from working to not working all of a sudden. Nothing was done to my computer in that time.

Message 12 of 47 (10,938 Views)

★★ Novice

I agree with joelene1892 , sometimes my launcher doesn't come up, but that works all the time Standard smile

Message 13 of 47 (10,910 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Can some one help me I have the same problem but with my mac

Message 14 of 47 (10,901 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Me too since I got a new laptop I can't play with anthing that I download from the Origin launcher. I'm just trying something else now, I'm going to install a couple of things then I'm going to uninstall Origin then try to play. I will post if I get any joy.

Message 15 of 47 (10,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did anyone get a solution to this??

i updated using the superpatch and now it wont open and ive tried everything people have suggested online but still nothing Frown

Message 16 of 47 (10,852 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The only way my launcher opens is if I open it as an administrator. Sometimes I find it  hiding in my toolbar tray and it opens when I click restore. 

Message 17 of 47 (10,849 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mmm yeah i tried that and still nothing... its not in my task manager or anywhere Frown

really dont know what else to do

Message 18 of 47 (10,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am on a windows 8 computer as well and have the same problem,the only way i can get it to work is if i put the origional disc in and then press play,and it would tell me to put in the late night expansion disc so i did and then it let me play. its a really annoying process so im still trying to fix the issue.

Message 19 of 47 (10,688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I suggest opening your task manager, going to 'processes' and ending the process 'Origin.exe'. Only recently did I realize this was stopping me from opening Origin, Sims 3, and any other game that launched with Origin, because it was a backround process that still ran even after I had closed it. You will have to repeat this every time you close Origin. If this doesn't work for you I don't know what will.

Edit:

A way you can get the Origin process to end without having to go into the processes and finding it is to create a batch file. Here's how to do it:

1. Open notepad.

2. Copy and paste this line into the text box: taskkill /f /im Origin.exe

3. Save the file as whatever name you want, and replace '.txt' with '.bat' (without quotes, of course).

4. Move the file to wherever you want, as long as you can click it every time you want to run Origin. 

You're done.

Message 20 of 47 (10,544 Views)