Re: Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open

by SandArcher

Original Post

Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open

★★ Novice

After uninstalling the Sims 3 a while ago, I decided to reinstall it a few days ago. Rather than go get the discs, I just downloaded the game and most of my expansions through Origin. After base game finished installing, the client went ahead to download the expansions. After the first download, a popup opened telling me that the game could not be installed until the sims 3 was updated through the launcher. So I tried to open it but after a second I received the "The Sims 3 launcher has stopped working... Windows is checking for a solution...." blurb. I thought maybe it's because Origin was still downloading the expacs. So I waited until all had downloaded (but not installed) and tried again. Even then I get the same message. My computer has been restarted since then and I've tried it a couple more times. I'm not sure what the problem could be. Any advice aside from uninstalling all of it? It took me somewhere around 8 hours to download it all so I'd prefer for that to be a last resort. 

Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open

Hero (Retired)
Message 2 of 2 (188 Views)