Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open - Error During Startup

by ladygreeneyes649

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open - Error During Startup

@ladygreeneyes649  In your case, I would patch and then start with a clean folder, no mods or any other content, and check the affected items.  This doesn't mean deleting any of your content, just removing it so the game can't read the data.  The simplest way to do this is to either move or rename the Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  The game can't find the folder if it's elsewhere, or if it has a different name, so it will create a new one, and that new one won't have any content.

If the affected items work fine in a new save in the clean folder, you can start copying over your files from the old Sims 3 folder to the clean one.  Be sure to test after each batch, to see whether the problem shows up again.  If it does, you'll know the cause was something in the last batch you copied over, and you can split that batch and retest until you find out what.  This guide (from before) is still the best explanation of what you'd want to move and what can be discarded:

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

I'd test mods first, then custom content, then whatever else you're keeping.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 12 (320 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Launcher Won't Open - Error During Startup

★★★★★ Novice

AH, moving the folder - was thinking there was an easy way.  Thanks, will try that!  Hoping I can fix the borked items. 

Message 12 of 12 (313 Views)