Re: Sims 3 Launcher Script Error

by dearlydeceased

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Launcher Script Error

★★★ Novice

Hi.

I had the Sims 3 base game + 9 expansion packs and 1 stuff pack installed for over a year.  Suddenly I got script errors each time I went to the launcher screen and I suffered MAJOR lag.  Then I reinstalled everything.  This worked for about a week and I got a script error again and after I pressed the play button it acted as if it were going to the game, but it never did.  Then I uninstalled everything once again and only reinstalled the base game.  I went to the launcher screen and updated the game to version 1.62.  After this, I went back to the launcher screen and saw the same script error.  I have no idea why.

Line: 1252

Char: 8

Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'easySlider'

Code: 0

URL: http://launcherapi.thesims3.com/launcher/home.html?launcherLocale=en_US&launcherCountry=US&var=logge...

Help please!

Message 1 of 8 (21,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
Try clearing your IE Browser cache. If that doesn't help, reset the Internet Explorer to factory settings: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (25,262 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Try clearing your IE Browser cache. If that doesn't help, reset the Internet Explorer to factory settings: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (25,263 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't use Internet Explorer, I use Google Chrome.  But I will try to clear out both of them.

Message 3 of 8 (21,293 Views)

★★★ Novice

The error message is gone!!  I didn't clear my information in chrome, only IE.  Thank you.  Although, I still haven't installed the expansion and stuff packs, which may cause a problem.

If it does, I'll inform you again.

Message 4 of 8 (21,291 Views)

★★★ Novice

I installed the first expansion pack and the error message came back Frown I'm going to clear IE's cache and see if that helps.

8:21

The script error is no longer there.

8:35

I will periodically post updates as I install my other EP's.

Message 5 of 8 (21,290 Views)

★★★ Novice

Installed the second one, the message is back.  Deleted IE Cache, it's gone.

3rd EP,  no problem.

4th, no problem.

5th, no problem.

6th and 7th were good.

8th and 9th error message.  deleted cache, error message was gone after each time.

Message 6 of 8 (21,286 Views)

★★ Novice

so I just recently got sims 3 starter pack.  I installed on my old computer just got a new computer today and having same script error, and was getting launcher script error also.  I know this is an old thread but I am hoping someone can help me.  how can brand new computer IE cache be messed up?  Got all new windows updates, all new patches for the game and darn script error.  Also i cant change the aging in the options menu plus I can no longer get my content as it was used already.  please help.

Message 7 of 8 (20,688 Views)

★ Novice
I am having same issues on a brand new laptop. Cleared and updated everything. I can still play the game but I have downloaded master controller from nrass and it cant read the mod file at all. I feel like the script error is doing that.
Message 8 of 8 (20,030 Views)