Re: Sims 3 Launcher F*cked

by madmadyson773

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Launcher F*cked

★★★ Novice

I cannot use the launcher. Like, at all. I cannot install content, and I cannot play the game either. When I try to install content, it will show a blacked-out version of the installer window for a moment, then the installer window closes itself. Similar problem with running the game. I will press the 'play' button, the screen will go black as normal when I ran the game before, but instead of running the game, it will show an image that I wasn't able to capture. Basically a black screen with white lines in the shape of any PC window. Anyone else experienced this or know what might be happening?

Message 1 of 4 (492 Views)

Accepted Solution

@madmadyson773  The black screen with white lines is pretty common, but it's only supposed to last for a couple of seconds before the intro starts.  Between that and the launcher not installing, it sounds like you might have bad custom content, or some related file is corrupt.

The fastest test is to pull your entire Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts (you can put it on your desktop) and try to launch the game.  If it works, a clean folder will spawn with no content, and you'll know that the problem is one or more files in the old game folder.  Let me know if you'd like help sorting through that content.  You can also test installing some store item (even if you don't own anything, Riverview is free), to make sure the launcher works too.

If the game doesn't load even with a clean folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (466 Views)

All Replies

@madmadyson773  The black screen with white lines is pretty common, but it's only supposed to last for a couple of seconds before the intro starts.  Between that and the launcher not installing, it sounds like you might have bad custom content, or some related file is corrupt.

The fastest test is to pull your entire Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts (you can put it on your desktop) and try to launch the game.  If it works, a clean folder will spawn with no content, and you'll know that the problem is one or more files in the old game folder.  Let me know if you'd like help sorting through that content.  You can also test installing some store item (even if you don't own anything, Riverview is free), to make sure the launcher works too.

If the game doesn't load even with a clean folder in place, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (467 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you!!!! I have to admit, it was pretty jarring to see the game completely reset like that, but now I know how to keep my game safe! Honestly you're a lifesaver!

Message 3 of 4 (448 Views)

★★★ Novice

Think I figured out what one it was. Seems like it was a misplaced override mod. Protip, always make sure you're putting your mod in the right folder XD

Message 4 of 4 (437 Views)