Sims 3 Launch issues on Windows 10.... Can't install DLC. PLEASE HELP!!!!

by jayk1982

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Launch issues on Windows 10.... Can't install DLC. PLEASE HELP!!!!

★★★ Newbie

I just installed Sims 3 using Origin, and then decided to spend a fair amount of money on 3 DLC's (Pets, Night life, Ambitions), the problem is, they won't install as the game isn't updated.

When I Load up the game launcher, every time I get a script error saying 'An Error has occured in the script on this page'. Error: 'expected identifier, string or number' Code: 0, URL: http://launcher.thesims3.com/launcher/home.html?launcherLocale=en_US&launcherCountry=GB&var=loggedOu...

I click yes to continue running scripts on this page, and proceed to 'game updates' but says I'm unable to connect to EA Download manager!!! I try to Login on the Welcome Tab, but says 'This content cannot be displayed in a frame'

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game over and over, same with the origin application, still no luck! 

I have the most up to date Java, Adobe Air, Drivers etc... I just can't figure it out. I often have problems with game via origin, I don't understand why. 

Any help would be great. I hope I haven't just spent close to a £60 for bloody nothing!!!

Message 1 of 6 (741 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Launch issues on Windows 10.... Can't install DLC. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hero (Retired)

@jayk1982 download the super patch. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (839 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try downloading the patch manually here: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'll try that now, but do you know which version I should download. It says the last the last two digits of your base game version will tell you your region, but my version is 1.0.631.00107 and the last 2 digits of that version don't correspond to any of the version. I assume it's the digital download version, as it was downloaded from Origin... I think!!

Message 3 of 6 (718 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jayk1982 download the super patch. 

Message 4 of 6 (840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked. Cheers

Message 5 of 6 (710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked. Thanks 

Message 6 of 6 (709 Views)