Sims 3 Island Paradise won't install?

by Mylinh2004

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Island Paradise won't install?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
So I have the Sims 3 Island Paradise disk. I went onto files and started the download for Sims Island Paradise. I DID NOT DOWNLOAD FROM ORIGIN. Whenever I go onto origin it makes me buy it. So it starts to install but stops at 18/77 files downloaded and always says copying files and just never finishes. Any suggestions? Do I have to re-buy it from Origin?
Message 1 of 8 (1,779 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise won't install?

Hero (Retired)

@Mylinh2004  Is your base game in Origin?  Is your computer a pc or mac? Not to be rude but you install from disc and you download from Origin. The software on the disc is generic and dated. If your base game is not in Origin, adding a new pack now you will have to redeem your base game in Origin. With out adding to an old game the game should continue to run as is but to install new packs you'll have to update the game to Origin.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,015 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Mylinh2004  Is your base game in Origin?  Is your computer a pc or mac? Not to be rude but you install from disc and you download from Origin. The software on the disc is generic and dated. If your base game is not in Origin, adding a new pack now you will have to redeem your base game in Origin. With out adding to an old game the game should continue to run as is but to install new packs you'll have to update the game to Origin.

Message 2 of 8 (2,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
@roberta591 I'm running from a Mac. I'm not sure what else to do. I have the disk but I'm not sure how to download from origin. When I insert the disk it still says I have to buy from origin. My base game is on origin
Message 3 of 8 (1,758 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Mylinh2004  When you bought the IP disc version - there should be a card with a code of 5 sections of 4 characters. You need to redeem that code in Origin - open Origin - click Origin upper left - click redeem code. This will tell Origin you own the game and enable the digital download.

Message 4 of 8 (1,721 Views)

★★ Novice
@roberta591 okay I'll try that
Message 5 of 8 (1,712 Views)

★★ Novice
@roberta591 I don't have the registration code. Is there anyway to get on just with the disk?
Message 6 of 8 (1,692 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Mylinh2004  Did you ever have the pack installed and working? Where did you buy the pack?

Message 7 of 8 (1,683 Views)

★★ Novice
@roberta591 actually I found the code and installed through origin. It worked, thank you Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (1,664 Views)