Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing every couple of seconds

by protawn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing every couple of seconds

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So fairly recently I got the Sims 3 Island Paradise expansion pack. 
When I start a new Sim living in the Island Paradise map (isla paradiso), for the first in-game day or so, it runs fine, but then suddenly it freezes up for around 5-10 seconds, and then is ok again for 10 seconds or so, and then it freezes again, etc etc. 

This also happens when I load an isla paradiso game.

Other maps are perfectly fine, no lag / freezing whatsoever, on maxed graphics settings.

I tried removing just the base game, and used CCcleaner, but that didn't fix the problem. 

My PC should be more than good enough to run IP on max graphics (although this problem also occurs when I set the graphics settings to lowest): 

Core i7 2600k 4C/8T 3.4Ghz 
16 GB ram 
GTX 570 
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
fairly normal 7200rpm hard disk. 

I'm using Origin.

Other EPs that I have:

University Life, Island Paradise, Into the future (this problem also occurred before I had into the future).

I would be really happy is someone could help me with this issue!

PS: I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I think it started happening after I installed patch 1.63

Message 1 of 11 (73,133 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise freezing every couple of seconds

Hero

Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

• Sims in Slow Motion
  • Delete the Scott Family
  • Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some. 
  • Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location)
  • Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap (those are mods and you'll be using at your own risk. Not supported by EA. Just google to find)
  • Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.
  • If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout
  • General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

If these don't help, please make your own thread, posting your specs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (75,835 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try turning off the interactive loading screen in your options and check if your graphic card is properly recognized by the game:

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/getting-the-game-to-recognize-your-card.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (72,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crinrict!  How does one check if the graphics card is properly recognized by the game?  I can play any map/town without issues, just not island paradise.  The freezing makes the game unplayable.  Should I uninstall and reinstall?

RESOLVED!!

I did some more research and found a post from you, telling someone to resetsim *.  It worked for me.  Now they only freeze for a split second real time every 10 minutes in game time.  Thank you Thank you  But I would still like to know about the graphics card!

Message 3 of 11 (72,458 Views)

Hero

Did you try clicking on the link I posted in the post above ?

That's all the info you should need.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (72,445 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue and validated that my graphics card is indeed found (found:1 match: 1).  Any other ideas?

I started having the issue after trying to visit a cave and then got kicked to landside.  I'm having weird bugs with boats as well.  I think I'm going to try moving my sims back to a normal town.

With the bad support I've recently gotten from EA/Origin and this buggy crap software, it makes me want to file a credit card chargeback.  It's unplayable.

Message 5 of 11 (70,435 Views)

Hero

Islo Paradiso does have a lot of problems. Routing issues and the large world with an entire routable ocean are just an example.

Things you can try:

• Sims in Slow Motion
  • Delete the Scott Family
  • Use the cheat DiscoverAllUnchartedIslands to make all islands visible. I'm aware that this takes away from the fun but it seems to help some. 
  • Make sure you have no stuck sims in your town (use the cheat resetsim * to reset all sims in your town and put them to a safe location)
  • Use Overwatch and ErrorTrap (those are mods and you'll be using at your own risk. Not supported by EA. Just google to find)
  • Check for any aboandonned boats in your game and delete them by using testingcheatsenabled true and then shift-click on the boat and choose object-delete.
  • If you're playing Hobart's Hideout, be aware of this issue: Routing Issues in the Resort Hobart’s Hideout
  • General tips for lags: Lags & Intermittent Freezes

If these don't help, please make your own thread, posting your specs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (75,836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with my game, and i was using solutions people were suggesting and it wasnt working. I found my own solution which stopped the game Island Paradise pack from freezing and that was to reduce the graphics. I know it will make it look a little weird, but the graphics don't take away that much, plus you would rather have the game to work than worry about the graphics.

Message 7 of 11 (54,292 Views)

★★ Novice
  • The Sims 3 freezes when playing. Especially when you play Isla Paradiso.
    Why you ask. Well simulation is the answer.

All households who are around you need to be stimulated. You say to your Sim to cook. But the computer must simulate all computer played Sims households around you to do things.

• Computer do your sims stuff: takes 100 milliseconds.
    Computer do Scott family (4 sims) stuff: takes 4*100 milliseconds.
    Computer do Mark family (4 sims) stuff: takes 4*100 milliseconds.
    ... On Isla Paradiso are about 20 (4 sims) families living on the island that must be simulated. 20*4*100=8000 milliseconds. THATS 8 SECONDS.

• The solution. Go to "Change city" and wrecks (move out) all families in the city. Let shops and other facilities remain. You will still be visited by Sims even if no one else but you live in the city.
Message 8 of 11 (46,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello everyone, I had the same problem with my Sims 3 Island Paradise town Isla Paradiso always freezing after like every 10 seconds then freezes for like 15 seconds, so If you guys have this problem the do this.

For me the problem was because I had the “make me know everyone” thing on ( u get that by holding shift and left click on the mail box -but you hav to hav the testingcheatsenabled true cheat on-) the make me know everyone thing must be off, tha is what made mine freeze
Message 9 of 11 (32,197 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Newbie, thanks! This worked! This was the only thing that did!
Message 10 of 11 (23,567 Views)